Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

What is your favorite breakfast?

SandyFromNJ
SandyFromNJ Posts: 18 Member
I start off the day with Premeir Chocolate Protein Shake.

Later in the morning, I will have a cup of coffee.

What about you?

Replies

• operator646
    operator646 Posts: 155 Member
    I usually have a "Pure Protein" bar (100% whey protein" and like you a cup of decaf with fat free half & half later on. I am trying to get away from having to drink the shakes., but it is difficult to reach my protein goal.
  • Lauriecz
    Lauriecz Posts: 8 Member
    usually I start with a protein shake but the last 2 days i have been doing a greek yogurt,
  • pawoodhull
    pawoodhull Posts: 1,759 Member
    Monday through Friday I eat at work (just can't eat for a couple of hours after I get up) and it's Chyboni Pineapple Greek Yogurt. Saturday and Sunday I'm less likely to eat breakfast and if I do it's usually some eggs and some form of meat. Got to get that protein in! :smile:
  • sarahjayne823
    sarahjayne823 Posts: 14 Member
    My all-time favorite, barring calories, is eggs, bacon/sausage and whole-grain toast with coffee. For the last 6 months, I have had a Click protein shake, using skim milk, hot. It's now my favorite, and I drink it 7 days a week, and I have to drink it within 30 minutes of getting up in the morning or my blood sugar is too low to function.
  • I drink a protein shake on my commute to work and then at work I usually eat a cup of oatmeal with a teaspoon of chocolate chips, 1/2 tsp of brown sugar and 1/4 c skim milk. Tides me over nicely until lunchtime.
  • neurorat
    neurorat Posts: 73 Member
    I eat oatmeal with 1/2 c blueberries and a tablespoon of raisins. Then in about 2-3 hours I have a scoop of Unjury chocolate mixed with chocolate Muscle Milk light.
  • themommyiwannabe
    themommyiwannabe Posts: 26 Member
    I normally eat a chocolate protein bar for breakfast during the week. On weekends I usually eat eggs, bacon, sausage, or a protein shake.
  • mandyabraio
    mandyabraio Posts: 112 Member
    I am an very early riser..so around 4 or 5 I have a 4 oz chocolate protein shake, then around 8 I have either scrambled egg or 1/2 cup of cheerios in almond milk. Then mid morning I have another 4 oz protein shake.
  • Generally I have a Protein shake that I make with American muscle's Isolyn and mix it with either 2% high protein milk or unsweetened almond milk. When I get bored with it or just want to shake things up I'll put in some pb2 or sf davinci syrup.
  • twinmoonette
    twinmoonette Posts: 9 Member
    CHEERIOS!! I've been kind of stuck on this lately. About a cup with skim milk and Splenda! LOL Sometimes eggs feel a little heavy for me.
  • MacMadame
    MacMadame Posts: 1,893 Member
    Syntrax Matrix Mint Cookie protein shake - 2 scoops (double serving). It generally takes me 1-2 hours to finish it and by then it's almost lunch time so that cuts out mid-morning snacking for me.
  • melbogg
    melbogg Posts: 135 Member
    I try to start the day with a protein shake made with skim milk, otherwise I never get in all my protein. But on the days I want actual food, I usually have a slice of bacon and a scrambled egg.
  • gaylerock
    gaylerock Posts: 10 Member
    My favorite right after operation breakfast was caviar eggs -- soft boiled egg with a smidge of butter sent into the yolk and topped with a teaspoon of caviar. Even though I was hurting, I felt totally indulged.
    These days, at school, I have 2 go to breakfasts: 1.) 2 egg white patties nuked with a slice of 2% cheese in between 2.) Unjury chocolate shake with SO unsweet almond milk plus protein
  • anitadanafit
    anitadanafit Posts: 38 Member
    Iced Coffee protein drink. 1 cup skim milk, 1/2 cup decaf coffee, 1 scoop of Unjury unflavored protein and lots of ice. I drink half when I wake up and the other have in the car on my way to work.
  • Mrscable2
    Mrscable2 Posts: 2 Member
    egg whites with cheese and salsa im a boring thing lol I drink my protein sometimes but really like to get it from food if possible
  • crdevans
    crdevans Posts: 1 Member
    I start out with light yogurt at about 8am and Protein drink at 10AM.
  • I've been having fun mixing my protein shakes with different stuff. Like this morning I made a Vanilla pumpkin coffee shake.

Check out http://theworldaccordingtoeggface.blogspot.com/ she's been my inspiration!
  • stratusphr
    stratusphr Posts: 87 Member
    I've been calling 1% cottage cheese, the breakfast of champions for almost three years now. I love it, at this point I can eat a half cup, which packs 13 grams of protein!!! I buy canned Lite Del Monte fruit, peaches or pears, and I'll eat not quite a fourth cup of fruit with the cottage cheese.

I eat that two or three days a week and the rest of the time, I like one egg, one egg white and a half oz of 2% mild cheddar cheese....scrambled.
  • DonnaLRB
    DonnaLRB Posts: 54 Member
    I make a Super Foods Smoothie, and drink it on my 1+ hour commute. Loosely, it is: 1 cup water, 1 peeled kiwi, 1/2 cup frozen berries or pineapple, 1/4 lemon (Meyer, if possible), 1T Flax or Chia Seeds, 1T Spirulena, 1T Matcha Green Tea powder, 1 T Apple Cider Vinegar, 1 T Coconut Oil, 1 scoop Vanilla Protein Powder, and about 2 cups of leafy greens (mixed baby greens, baby spinach, or kale). It makes a BIG glass that I sip on the way to school. It is delicious, filling, and very nutritious. Then, I'm not as concerned if I can't eat enough later in the day.
  • caccicoo
    caccicoo Posts: 59 Member
    I'm still waiting for my surgery but I have 1 cup of frozen blueberries, some raw almonds, skim milk with a spoonful of Xylosweet.