Introducing.......

Options
QMHayden
QMHayden Posts: 87 Member
I thought we could start the challenge off with formal introductions. We all have similar goals, so feel free to add me if you'd like-and be sure to tell me something about yourself when u do.

I'm Qiana, I'm a 31 yr old registered nurse with a wonderful husband and 5 beautiful children. Visit my profile for all the good details! :happy:

I started MFP last spring and lost about 28#. This year I'm on a mission to lose atleast another 28. I happen to be at -26# now, so actually I'm still 2 in the hole, but who's counting? :blushing:

Here r my stats:
2012 SW 217.7#
2013 SW 192.6#
CW 191.7#
Feb 15 goal weight 186.7, let's rock this!

Thanks Saugonda for starting this challenge, good luck to all!

Replies

• KAR1959
    KAR1959 Posts: 4,262 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone, I'm Kathy...thank you Saugonda for the invitation to join this group. Challenges are definitely motivating for me. I'm 53 yrs old finally trying to get healthy and lose this weight...something I've struggled with my entire life. I believe MFP is the answer; especially the supportive friends and information provided on this site. Looking forward to all of us reaching our 5lbs goal. Here are my stats:

SW MFP - 225
    CW - 216.4
    Feb 15 GW - 211.4

My weigh-in day is normally Monday but I got on the scale this morning to get the correct starting weight. I will not post my official weight in MFP until I weigh in on Monday. Is Friday our definite weigh-in day?

Feel free to add me....I'm usually online daily. Good luck to all....let's lose this 5!
  • QMHayden
    Options
    I'm actually going to weigh in on Monday's too because I'm in another challenge as well and I committed to Mondays. So I hope that is ok also.
  • saugonda1
    saugonda1 Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    My Name is Saugonda, and I'm currently weighing in at 179
    Feb. 15th GW: 174
  • MrsJonSamuels
    MrsJonSamuels Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone, my name is Jon I'm from Louisiana. I'm a wife, and mother of three. I started this journey to be able to keep up with my active kids.

S.W. 276 Started in October
    C.W. 247
    G.W. 170
  • womaniam
    womaniam Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone!!

Thanks for the invite. My name is Tamikka I'm a 40 year old single woman and the reason I joined is to get rid of this weight; however the things I've learned and the people I've met had made this journey for me far more than getting rid of weight. I'm learning to be accountable, I'm able to log my foods consistenly, exercise and wanting to try new exercises like Insanity and P90X, and most importantly lend my support.

My starting weight was 269
    my current weight is 261.2
    My goal weight in five weeks is 255.

Weighing in on Fridays is not a problem. We can do this and if ever you need a lisening ear, I'm here.
  • QMHayden
    Options
    So I am bummed cuz my Monday weight was up 0.4#, even tho small its not a loss :-( but my accountability is telling me that I know I had a cheat WEEKEND, not day, but I enjoyed the time with my family. This week ***I'm doing better cuz I Know better!***

Soooooo CW: 192.1 (+0.4)

Should we start a new thread for these Saugonda?
  • chelljo12
    chelljo12 Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    Hi all!!!! Sorry I'm late. I'm Michelle, married mother of 5(3 bio and 2 step). Grandmother of 2 with 3 on the way and we adopted an 8 wk old Mini Pin, named Charlie. Wow I know they will keep me busy.

I started MFP back in Dec 2011.

SW 222.3
    CW 195.6 1/11/13
    Feb 15-190.2

My ultimate goal is to lose 50 pounds. I did good the first 6-8 months and hit a plateau for the remainder of last year. I am really looking forward to this challenge as I am involved in 3 challenges at this time. I will weigh in on Fridays.
  • GINAvsGINA
    GINAvsGINA Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone, I'm Gina!!! I'm sorry I'm just introducing myself, right after joining the challenge I got the flu so I've been slowly getting back to myself. I've been on this journey for a little over a year and I have been maintaining my loss so now I'm working to lose more and reach my goal.

SW 289