How do you fit exercise into your routine?

Options
88meli88
88meli88 Posts: 238 Member
I am on week 2, and eating is ok w MFP but my biggest challenge is how to fit in exercise with work and taking care of my son (3) - an my husband is away for 2 months. Chasing after our little ones can be exhausting but somehow didnt make me lose weight. Last week, I thought I would take him him out on the bike and I would jog right next to him but he is too tired after daycare, and it is dark, so we never made it. I finally started to use the Nike Traininc Club app at home, I did a 30 min on Thursday and another 30 min on Sunday (330 cals) and a very long walk on Saturday (also 330 cals). The work outs are 30 mins but killers (kind of like the 30 day shred but more variation across workouts) and move muscles that I didnt know I had. HOw do you fit exercise in your routine and what do you do w your child while you are doing it?

Replies

• alexpultz93
    alexpultz93 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    My son is only five months, so I just put him in his jumper and workout in the living room. Doing this makes him just think we're playing and he'll jump with me. Before that he was in his bouncy chair and also just thought I was playing with him. I know my mom because she was in the army and always had to work out would have me work out with her and made it into a game.
  • berdoochick
    berdoochick Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I have 3 toddlers running around and its almost impossible to truly workout with them around so i wait until nap time or bedtime then i start my workout.
  • Lindaloveschloe
    Options
    I go to the gym in the morning before hubby and baby are up and I also do workouts at home in the evenings. Videos and circuit stuff and going for walks/runs when its not too cold! :) Diet is key though so I'm really trying to focus on eating well!
  • lizzyd629
    Options
    I'm on week 2 and am working on one thing at a time, I know that I MUST start an exercise routine, so it is going to happen slowly, thats the one thing that I never got into my head through out my years of trying to diet and lose weight....SLOW...one step at a time!!! So I have encouraged my son (he's 18 and would like to get in shape too) to join me in my exercise program. So it will be done, as far as fitting it in...well I think for starts...I will be working out on my days off until I feel that I have the time and the fitness level to add more days, I would like to get up to 4 to 5 days a week. I have custody of my 16 mo grandson, work full time, have my grown kids at home, and pets...busy but I think my plan will work. :)
  • Hossie79
    Hossie79 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Nap time for me or after she goes to bed...unless of course its during out walks or playing outside if she is playing I will lunge around the house or outside squats etc...We love cross country skiing as well and i have to pull her chariot with her 25 lbs body so thats a GREAT one!
  • 88meli88
    88meli88 Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    those our really good tips, thanks for writing back. I have been sticking to 30 min circuit training at home w nike training club w my 3 year old running around me. There were some hilarous moments, like when he climbed under me during plank pose not knowing that i will soon to collapse. Or he wanted to climb on my back when doing push ups bc that is how he does w his daddy, againt not knowing that mommy cannot really do push up even without the extra 14 kg on her back. When I was doing the exercises without weights, he brought them to me and pointed to the video where indeed the exercise was shown w weights. It seems to be working ok for now but I am longing to go for longer runs....
  • ChantalGG
    ChantalGG Posts: 2,404 Member
    Options
    I have a lot of workout dvd programs. I like to do the shorter ones that are under 30 minutes. if i dont i have zumba on wii and Just dance to get some cardio in. I need to write up a schedule so i can follow it cause i am lazy lol
  • knrhardin
    Options
    I do workout dvd's at home as well! I also run outside :)