how's everyone doing?

Options
welfeln
welfeln Posts: 58 Member
Hey guys! Just wanted to see how Insanity is treating everyone. I'm towards the end of week 2. It has definitely become a love hate relationship. It's so hard sometimes to push play but once I get through the warm up, I'm pumped! I dont feel like I've gained much in the way of physical results, but I totally feel stronger.

Replies

• azrrt76
    azrrt76 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    After a full month, the warm up is definitely still my hang up! I just have to go into each workout knowing that the warm up is the worst and once I get past that, I'll have more energy and be ready to work hard.

I'm on the Core Cardio and Balance rest week. I do my workout 4 days a week due to my work schedule...so the full program is taking me a bit longer. I start month two on January 14th and I'm ready!

Oh and as far as you not feeling the physical results, you will when you do your next fit test and see improvements :)
  • acain123
    Options
    It's hard to keep up the momentum sometimes but overall I feel good, especially for those floor exercises... funny, but to me they are a little break!
  • Christabiss
    Options
    Also ending week 2, and happy that today is Cardio Recovery :) I'm still having the issues with my calf muscles though. It's frustrating because I really want to continue the exercises but my calves literally give out. Wondering if I should take two days off for them to recover or just take a break when needed and continue pushing through the DVD? Also - I don't wear sneakers so perhaps this is the issue. I used to be a gymnast and so I'm used to doing exercises in my bare feet and prefer it. Any suggestions or thoughts out there??? Thanks....
  • RoseDarrett
    RoseDarrett Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    On my fourth week.Next week is recovery week.I have to be honest though.I'm a bit intimidated by month 2.I'll see how I go.I've had to make my rest days Tuesday.It works out better for me.I love the feeling of accomplishment when I'm done,but pushing through especially when I've not had much sleep is hard(I have 3 kids,9.2 and 16 weeks)

LOVE INSANITY!!!Getting some awesome results.I see definition on my arms,legs and my stomach has gone down heaps.Pretty happy so far :)
  • acain123
    Options
    Christabiss, I have sensitive knees and also get really bad shin splints. I had to get cross trainers and put down a thick industrial mat like the ones they have at gyms; that's the only way I can even think about doing the power squats, power jumps, etc. That and RICE (rest, ice, compression, elevation) and NSAID's like Alieve help me out. Of course, everybodies body is different and you know your body best, but high impact workouts do tend to increase the risk for injury, so be sure to talk with your doctor if you are concerned that you might have an injury.
  • Christabiss
    Options
    Christabiss, I have sensitive knees and also get really bad shin splints. I had to get cross trainers and put down a thick industrial mat like the ones they have at gyms; that's the only way I can even think about doing the power squats, power jumps, etc. That and RICE (rest, ice, compression, elevation) and NSAID's like Alieve help me out. Of course, everybodies body is different and you know your body best, but high impact workouts do tend to increase the risk for injury, so be sure to talk with your doctor if you are concerned that you might have an injury.

Thanks acain. I think I'm going to try wearing a pair of cross trainers tonight and see how that goes. From there I'll try a mat and RICE. I don't think I have an injury....but will go to the doctor if these options still don't fix my problem. Thanks again!
  • RoseDarrett
    RoseDarrett Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    Hope it makes you more comfortable :)
  • bbgughj
    bbgughj Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    Hey Guys ,

Just a quick update , I had finished with my 60days of Insanity on Jan 2nd , and took a 5 day rest , Did a restart of month 2 on Jan 7th . That 1 week off really kicked my butt .

My plan for this month is to continue with month 2 for my daily cardio and hit the gym 3 x a (Monday , Wed , Friday) week for strength training , I really don't know how I'll be able to pull this off , Because my first week was brutal . I haven't felt this much pain in years ... :laugh:

For those of you that are interested in how I did

I started in Nov 1
    SW 233
    60 days Later
    Lost 16lbs and 16" overall

Keep pushing play all ! You can do it !
  • progressisbeautiful
    Options
    This man ain't playin! I finally got my DVDs in and I burned 400 calories today. I could've burned way more, but I couldn't sustain through all the reps. Fortunately there is a light at the end of the tunnel and i will be pushing play again in the am and weightlifting later this afternoon.