Calories vs SW

Options
After looking over this site, I have come to realise just how different SW is to calorie counting. Am I the only one that believes counting the calories in an apple is pointless?
Surely the health benefits of an apple (ie natural sugars, fibre etc) out-weigh the need to calorie count.

I am a firm advocator of SW, I adore it. I get to eat my pasta portions and not have to worry about how many calories a "free" meal will have.

Do you have the same issue with this place and the calorie counting?

Replies

• MrsWilsoncroft
    MrsWilsoncroft Posts: 969 Member
    Options
    I've done both Cc and now back on Sw as this is the best plan for me.
    I enjoy the free foods and the fact you can eat unlimited amounts of it without worrying and thinking your are going to go over your allowance.
    I lost 7lbs in 5 weeks recently but when I was Cc it took me ages.

All plans do work but it's just about finding the right one that suits you best xxxx
  • Harriann84
    Options
    I've done both Cc and now back on Sw as this is the best plan for me.
    I enjoy the free foods and the fact you can eat unlimited amounts of it without worrying and thinking your are going to go over your allowance.
    I lost 7lbs in 5 weeks recently but when I was Cc it took me ages.

All plans do work but it's just about finding the right one that suits you best xxxx

I definitely found that. How have you found Christmas? I have bummed and have weigh in tomorrow. I will be going walking in the morning and walking 2 miles to my sister's. I won't undo all my damage but it will help.
  • drumsrevolver
    Options
    Out of interest I sometimes log my SW food for the day into MFP and was surprised to see it ends up averaging 1200-1400 calories. I think the EE way of requiring a third of SF foods naturally reduces your calories. Definitely prefer SW as no deprivation or feeling hard done by, whereas on MFP I often was in the red as only got 1200 cals to lose a lb.
  • cristino1985
    cristino1985 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    I also find that when I log my calories the calories come out under my 1200 allowance anyway, definitely prefer SW to CC much less fuss
  • PandaPop87
    Options
    To be honest I have amalgamated the two - I try to hit at least 1200 but still using the SW plan. I lost 2.5lbs my first week and I'm feeling more positive about this week. with CC i worry that I can't fit in all the healthy foods that I can with SW :)