Texas Spartan Race anyone?

Options
tgh1914
tgh1914 Posts: 1,036 Member
Is anyone from TX doing the Spartan Race on May 19,20 just north of Austin? I'm really wanting to sign up for this. Plus I just found out they have a Jr Spartan race for kids there too; I think my 7 yr old would LOVE this!

It'd be cool if other MFPers were there...

Replies

• DeeKay2169
    DeeKay2169 Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    I REALLY want to go. I see SAT is sold out but Sunday isn't. Now all I need to do is find people to go with lol
  • SpartyOn33
    SpartyOn33 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I signed up as an independent! It will be my first Spartan Race.. I can't wait!!
  • natalienicole502
    natalienicole502 Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    Have any of you done it before? I need details!!
  • SpartyOn33
    SpartyOn33 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I haven't done one, but from what I could gather, it looks like a Military-inspired obstacle race. The one in Burnet next year is about 4 miles long, with various types of obstacles, and a lot of mud! It looks like a blast! The Sprint is the shortest of all Spartan Races, so if you want to get into this type of racing, this is probably the one for you. Look up videos on the Spartan Sprint to get an idea of what you'd encounter at these races.

I signed up, and I'm trying to talk my mom into signing up as well. I'll be there Sunday, May 19th! I'm pumped!
  • RobertGonzalez
    RobertGonzalez Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I did the Spartan Beast a couple weeks ago and am going to be there for the Spartan Sprint in May. The race is a lot of fun. The atmosphere is awesome.

The Sprint is only a 5k, so it is a good entry level distance for obstacle and mud runs if this is your first go at it. I would encourage everyone to do this type of race at least once.

Is anyone else planning on going to the May 2013 Spartan Sprint?
  • NatCorona
    NatCorona Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Yes! My husband and I with some friends will be there! It will be my first time and their second being involved in a spartan competition. I'm excited/nervous! Good luck!
  • Troll
    Troll Posts: 922 Member
    Options
    My fiance will be going to austin to take his journeyman liscence test year after next-im hoping i can catch the race then. we're about 6-7 hours from austin >.<
  • cyclingben
    cyclingben Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    If you need any discounts hit me up.
  • JenniferDLP
    JenniferDLP Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    I'll be there!
  • Mathguy1
    Mathguy1 Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    I just signed up at fitness together to change up my nutrition plan and work with a personal trainer. They have a sign up sheet for that race. I've never tried on of those. I'm thinking I'll give it a try.