Zombie Running App?

Options
Hey guys,

So I was wondering if anyone is using the Zombie Running App? I was thinking about getting it, but I wasn't sure, and would love to hear what people's thoughts are about it.

If you haven't seen/heard of it, here is a link to their direct website. https://www.zombiesrungame.com/

Thanks and please let me know what you guys think of it!

Replies

• kendrafallon
    kendrafallon Posts: 1,030 Member
    Options
    I'm using it :bigsmile:

I'm using Zombies 5k and am loving the story line. it's also a different approach to the C25k programme. You listen to your own playlist and the story line and cues to walk or job just go over the top.

Out of the several C25k apps and podcasts I've listened to and tried, this is one that's caught my interest and has me wanting to find out what's coming up next. Not sure about he main app, but a friend of mine who is using it, did recommend it to me.

Hope this helps! :drinker:
  • PicklePlum
    PicklePlum Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    I love it!!! Really gets my butt moving during zombie chases and it's perfect for intervals! I find it very motivating as you need more and more supplies to build up the base. I started with the main app as I didn't realize there was a 5K one.

It works outside and on the treadmill (via accelerometer), which is a nice feature. Zombie chases can be turned off, for an easy run. And the story's pretty good!
  • Zalovar
    Zalovar Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    Yes, Zombies, Run! is pretty awesome. Makes running a lot more fun. I definitively recommend it!
  • myhiatusreality
    Options
    Cool! Thanks Everyone, I am so excited to be starting it tomorrow!
  • kendrafallon
    Options
    Cool! Thanks Everyone, I am so excited to be starting it tomorrow!
    You'll love it!!

Just posted a blog entry about my first week and how I fount the app: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/kendrafallon
  • MonsterToBe
    MonsterToBe Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    This app makes me hate rest days! I'm also doing C25K, but since I was in week 4 when I discovered Zombies, Run! I didn't use their 5K training app. I use RunDouble for the C25K walk/run cues, and just use the regular Zombies, Run! with it. It works perfectly together.

I have a special playlist for it, too, to help the ambience. I particularly enjoy the Marilyn Manson cover of Tainted Love.
  • kendrafallon
    Options
    This app makes me hate rest days! I'm also doing C25K, but since I was in week 4 when I discovered Zombies, Run! I didn't use their 5K training app. I use RunDouble for the C25K walk/run cues, and just use the regular Zombies, Run! with it. It works perfectly together.

I have a special playlist for it, too, to help the ambience. I particularly enjoy the Marilyn Manson cover of Tainted Love.
    Love that cover of Tainted Love! Love the original too :bigsmile:
  • Alliwan
    Alliwan Posts: 1,245 Member
    Options
    Been using it and the C25k Zombies, Run! app for awhile now. We love it. There is a group on here for Zombies, Run! where we talk about the odd things that happen on a run. http://www.myfitnesspal.com/groups/home/6558-zombies-run-group

Like us walking/running at night and a cow by a fence scaring the poo out of my daughter, darn zombie cows!

Or the weird song that come on after you hear the DJs talk on the radio show you get after the mission.

Like them saying "im sexy and I know it" a romantic song.

But its great to get you out and moving...at least it is for us when its not 14 degree outside as a high, like it is today.
  • Shikonneko
    Shikonneko Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    Man, I'm glad people like this game. I backed it on Kickstarter (Courtney O. in the Survivors Register :smokin: ) and I haven't really used it much because my current neighborhood is super scary. I feel more incentivized to use it now. XD
  • mltdown
    mltdown Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    Got it, love it!
  • Veganniee
    Veganniee Posts: 460 Member
    Options
    I've recently got zombies, run! and the 5k one. I love them both. I am not the right person to use them in public though. I get really into things (and I'm a wimp...). I'm waiting for a zombie chase that leaves me running screaming down the street. There is no way I will get through this without embarrassing myself!
  • kendrafallon
    Options
    I've recently got zombies, run! and the 5k one. I love them both. I am not the right person to use them in public though. I get really into things (and I'm a wimp...). I'm waiting for a zombie chase that leaves me running screaming down the street. There is no way I will get through this without embarrassing myself!
    :laugh: LOL!! :laugh:
    Me and my sisters and friends were going to sign up for an organised Zombies chase game (http://2.8hourslater.com) nothing major and not a serious run, but it got booked up before we could blink! #3 sister who'd done it before with a group of friends is going to keep an eagle eye on the organisers website and book the tickets for the next event organised!
  • nnylee
    nnylee Posts: 814 Member
    Options
    It's fantastic. It was the only thing that could get me to run. Rofl.
  • Veganniee
    Veganniee Posts: 460 Member
    Options
    Me and my sisters and friends were going to sign up for an organised Zombies chase game (http://2.8hourslater.com) nothing major and not a serious run, but it got booked up before we could blink! #3 sister who'd done it before with a group of friends is going to keep an eagle eye on the organisers website and book the tickets for the next event organised!

That sounds brilliant!
  • tuneses
    tuneses Posts: 467 Member
    Options
    I love it, I really get lost in the story and when my music comes on my imagination kicks in and I think what if. Well worth the money.
  • JTKamz
    JTKamz Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Just bought it myself today. Hoping the weather warms up a little so I can get started soon!
  • Huzke
    Huzke Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    I just bought this and the one hundred push ups app today. I started the push up app tonight and I plan on starting Zombies Run 5k on Sunday. I'm pretty stoked about the purchase after reading all of your reviews!
  • jerknoir
    jerknoir Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    I busted my ankle the day after I bought Zombies, Run! so I haven't played it much. Too high intensity. From what I played of it, it's well worth the money. :smokin: