New to group

Options
My name is Tricia and I only recently purchased and watched my first Leslie Sansone DVD and am looking forward to starting today. Can anybody brief me on what to do or should I just start reading from the beginning of the group?
Thanks.

Replies

• daneegurl75
    Options
    Welcome, Tricia! I'm new to the group too. Congratulations on starting to walk at home with Leslie's dvd's! I love them!

I think there might be a forum pinned for introductions, though I may have this group confused with another. I just go through and look for discussions that people have commented on recently, or discussions which look like they might be informative.

Its good to have you here!

-Danie
  • bobbiesinger6971
    Options
    Welcome to you both. I am also new and I already love this team. I am totally addicted to her workouts. I have all of her dvd's ....................except 4 of them. It's such a great way to get in a great all body workout.
  • peggytibus
    Options
    New to the group as well! Just signed up with MFP today. I love Leslie Sansone video and have used them before. This past year I moved back home, and one of the things I didn't bring with me were her tapes, so I have found them through Youtube and will be starting them back up again. :)
  • texasgardnr
    texasgardnr Posts: 2,660 Member
    Options
    Welcome PatriciaToney, daneegurl75, peggytibus, to the LS Walk at Home Group :smile: .

I would love to invite all three of you to join in the January 2013 Walk Challenge! Any one can join in at any time. Just make your own reasonable personal goal for the rest of the month and jump (I mean walk) right in and join in the fun. Every month we have a new challenge. It has been so exciting to see all the walkers and the miles tallied every month.

It has been a very inspirational and a fun way to virtually walk together. Also it has been interesting to read which DVDs are being used, which of course gives us new ideas which DVD just might be next on our wish list :tongue: . (Not required information, but interesting to see what is being used)

Waving at ya bobbiesinger6 :smile: . I'll be seeing you over in the challenge thread! Love your avatar :-).

Walk strong :flowerforyou:
  • texasgardnr
    Options
    My name is Tricia and I only recently purchased and watched my first Leslie Sansone DVD and am looking forward to starting today. Can anybody brief me on what to do or should I just start reading from the beginning of the group?
    Thanks.

I just peeked at your profile and you do not give any information about what your fitness level is, or your health status, and also I don't know which DVD you purchased, so I would recommend that you start with a one mile walk and start easy and work slowly increase as you are able. Not to worry if you can only do part of the mile. Just keep at it and you will increase endurance and strength as you continue on. Just make sure that you always warm up before your walk, and cool down and stretch afterwards.

There are different levels to her miles/ walks like beginner, intermediate. Be safe, and like any exercise, start slowly and you will build up. Of course if you are uncertain about being medically able to do the exercise for any reason please check with your physician before your first mile.

If you want information about your particular DVD you might check out collagevideo.com for trainer and customer reviews if it is available there, as well as short clips of LS DVDs. They also note which fitness level the DVD is rated for. Amazon dot com also has reviews for DVDs. as well as other stores' web sites have some reviews.

As far as this group read what you want and skip the rest. I don't believe there is an official introduction thread to this group like on some groups.

Again, welcome!
  • starbeck33
    starbeck33 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! I am also new to the group. I have just posted my goal to walk 30 miles by the end of this month in the Jan 2013 Walk Challenge. I should probably order more of her dvd's! I only have two so far (Walk this way and ultimate 5 day walk plan).

Thanks,

Becky
  • texasgardnr
    Options
    Hi everyone! I am also new to the group. I have just posted my goal to walk 30 miles by the end of this month in the Jan 2013 Walk Challenge. I should probably order more of her dvd's! I only have two so far (Walk this way and ultimate 5 day walk plan).

Thanks,

Becky

Welcome starbeck33! Looking forward to walking with you in the challenge :flowerforyou: