Veggies

Options
So, I'm trying to work out my meal plan for next week & my goal is to work in alot more veggies. I like all veggies & have no problem working them into my dinners. It's my meals during the day I'm having a hard time filling in. I can only eat so many salads.....I need some ideas....Anyone?

Replies

• babeinthemoon
    babeinthemoon Posts: 471 Member
    Options
    I burn out really easy on salads. So, my mid-day veggies are usually in a stir fry, or in an omlette... or sautted with garlic and a tiny splash of olive oil.

My "snack" meals I usually do a "walking salad" as my MIL calls it. sometimes it is roll up style with a lettuce leaf, others it is just chopped veggies, with a couple oz of turkey breast & a string cheese on the side (low carb).

I can't wait for summer when the tomatoes are in season again... because my favorite LC meal was a caprise salad... tomatoes, fresh basil, mozzerella & some sliced turkey breast lunchmeat. Yummy!

HC days are a little more difficult for me to get the veggies in.. but I can do it if I really try.

Good Luck!
  • WIChelle
    WIChelle Posts: 471 Member
    Options
    I like lots of raw veggies like sweet peppers. I agree about burning out on salads. Well unless someone wants to buy me one at Subway daily!
  • I love roasting veggies in the oven. High heat, like 450 for about 25 min. or so. I spray the veggies with my olive oil mister and salt lightly. You can roast onions, cauliflower, zucchini, etc...So good! They also taste good cold the next day. :) Monica
  • LosingMyMarbles
    LosingMyMarbles Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    I love roasting veggies in the oven. High heat, like 450 for about 25 min. or so. I spray the veggies with my olive oil mister and salt lightly. You can roast onions, cauliflower, zucchini, etc...So good! They also taste good cold the next day. :) Monica

I do this quite a bit too. I can't wait for summer though.... farmers markets and produce out of my own garden! Tomatoes now have no flavor.
  • jbdowns35
    jbdowns35 Posts: 352
    Options
    I roast almost all my veggies!!! Good thing my family loves it. My favorite is brussel sprouts. Brocolli is awesome too. Tonight is asparagus & butternut squash. Roasting is by far the best way to do veggies - can't wait til summer too!!! I planted asparagus in my garden & should have a decent bounty this spring!!! There is an indoor farmers market in my area on the weekends. It's small & you never know what they're going to have or how fresh it's gonna be, but it's super cheap. I got 2 bunches of brussel sprouts, a big bag of fresh spinach & 2 bundles of green onions there this weekend all for $4. Score!

Veggies at dinner time is easy, it's the day time veggies with my snacks I have a hard time with. I try to eat raw veggies, but get bored with my options. I'll just have to try to make extra roasted veggies at dinner time & take the leftovers to work. Might be difficult since my husband will scarf down all the veggies at dinner time!!! He loves them.