Hope...

Options
melodymedlin
melodymedlin Posts: 254 Member
I want to give everyone hope. Not just on lossing weight but TTC and dealing with PCOS. My life has been filled with many challanges but somehow i've managed.
PCOS is about living one day a time. Dealing with the stress one minute at a time. I've had pcos for around 8yrs. I lost weight but still wasn't able to concieve. I tried Metformin and provera (worked great). I looked into fertiltity treatments and survived tests and then clomid. (Got pregnant on first 100mg round; miscarried 7wks later). I took a break and tried to pull it together. Got pregnant again within 5months without help and then at 24wks lost my baby boy to pre-term labor. (Joseph lived for 3hrs before passing away). About 1 1/2 months later without trying I got pregnant again and knew that life would become a rollercoaster. I got diganosed with diabetes somewhere in the middle of first pregnancy and began insulin. At 18wks I went in for ultrasound and found out that I was already dialated 2cm so I was rushed to hospital for emergancy cerclage (stiches in cervix; yes ouch!) and then named our daugther Faith (after all Faith in God had gotten us thus far). I spent 21 wks on bedrest and had weekly shots of p-17. At 29wks went into labor and doctors got it stopped spent 3wks in hospital and had cerclage taken out. Survived broncitis in hospital and amniosentis at 37wks. was induced on March 31st and my beautiful Faith didn't make her apperance until April 1st 2009 (yes April fools day!). She weighted 5lbs 4ounces. I didn't get to hold her very long as I had a lot of problems.
3days after bringing her home I tore my stiches out and ended back in hospital to be re-stiched. I had an implanon inplanted 6wks later and it worked great. The thing about PCOS though is you never know how long one form of BC will help. For me implanon was suppose to last 3yrs but at 2yr I suffered chills and stabbing pain and had to go to er. I had a large cyst that ruptured and left ovary was covered with a lot of mm cyst. I got implanan out and a new one in and i'm good to go. My periods have been ok. Some months I spot 2-3 days and others have period for about 4days. No cysts~!~ I couldn't be happier.

I write all of this to let everyone know that were women; strong women and we can loose the weight. We can still get pregnant and we can still move those mountains. PCOS is a syndrome it doesn't have to change our opinons of how we want to live life. :) God bless and sorry this is so long!

Replies

• SuperMammaLeah
    SuperMammaLeah Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    You are so strong to have gone through such challenges. We are all in this together, and thank you so much for sharing this. For the longest time I felt very alone when it came to PCOS, but I am quickly starting to see that I am not, because of wonderful beautiful women like you. Thank you.
  • deeray
    deeray Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    Thank you for sharing! We had been trying to conceive for quite a while. I'm still trying to adjust to the fact that I have PCOS. I found out, maybe 3 months ago. I did the progesterone pills for a week, and the ultrasound. My Dr. told me to wait 3 months to see if that would jump start my period, which it has. But, I'm absolutely struggling with losing weight on my own. I have an appoitment on Feb 8th, to see about starting Metformin. It's great to see other people going through the same things as me. Hope was a perfect title for this post. Again, thank you.
  • melodymedlin
    melodymedlin Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    You ladies are very welcome. :) I did see a nutrishinst (sp) and was informed that women who suffer from pcos need a least 45g of carbs per meal and under 20 per snack. (3meals 2 snacks) I did this and logged everything in the beginning after treatment and lost 17lbs and got pregnant with my son. :) Just a thought now i'm working on loosing it again!!!!
  • Stevihatch1991
    Options
    This gave me some hope. I recently found out that I had Pcos within this last year... It has been very hard on me and your words give me hope that the things I want most in life are a possibility. Thank you.