Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Introduce yourself!

SuzieZimm
SuzieZimm Posts: 238 Member
What's your story?

I'm Suzie. I just graduated from Indiana University (Bloomington) with a degree in Arabic language and Anthropology, with a minor in Psych. This post-graduation year, I'm traveling around, working on my two languages, French and Arabic. I spent the summer with a governement program in Morocco, now I'm in Marseille, France, doing a supplementary study abroad to become fluent in French. I loved Marseille so much...that I'm staying! Will be taking some classes for visa purposes, but otherwise I'm obtaining a TEFL and hoping to teach/tutor English. Going home for the holidays (gotta get my US fix!) but then I'll be back at least until May, if not longer!

How about you?

Replies

• Hello!

I'm Daria, 24, preparing the entrance examination for the school of journalism. I'm not an expat, I'm French, and I live in the South of France, near Aix-en-Provence and Marseille. I glad to join this group, and if anyone needs about the food or else, do not hesitate!
  • chef84
    chef84 Posts: 7 Member
    Hi i am German, lived a few years in Uk/Ireland and now moved to France beginning of the year.
    I am living in the Bordeaux area.
  • jtallwood
    jtallwood Posts: 53 Member
    Hi there! I'm from Québec (Canada), moving to France (Paris) for 3 months at the end of January. Looking forward to discover Paris and travel to other places on the week-ends! Also looking forward to the amazing food haha
  • caroleannlight
    caroleannlight Posts: 173 Member
    Hi I am Carole Ann and I am from London england but I have a second home in France in Burgundy. I aspire to being an expat one day! I love wine and cheese HMMM
  • 3bree375
    3bree375 Posts: 99 Member
    I'm Bree, from the US. I am currently living in Versailles, France. I have never even noticed the Groups feature of MFP, I hope it is a good network to motivate each other. :)
  • Hey, im sarah and im from london, been living in the saint yrieix la perche area of france for the past 2 years (45 mins south of limoges). Have started a new regime and joined the local gym, hoping to find gym buddy near me, although it is a very small town so i doubt i will anytime soon.
  • chef84
    chef84 Posts: 7 Member
    Hey, im sarah and im from london, been living in the saint yrieix la perche area of france for the past 2 years (45 mins south of limoges). Have started a new regime and joined the local gym, hoping to find gym buddy near me, although it is a very small town so i doubt i will anytime soon.

sadly Limoges is 2h drive away :-(
    i wouldnt mind either having a Buddy :-)
  • KeithChanning
    KeithChanning Posts: 214 Member
    sadly Limoges is 2h drive away :-(
    i wouldnt mind either having a Buddy :-)
    Limoges is just over 2 hours' drive from me, too. We must be neighbours!
  • denisek80
    denisek80 Posts: 82 Member
    Hi all - 32 years old lived in Paris almost 2 years :)
  • RetroMoobs
    RetroMoobs Posts: 34 Member
    Not been a lot going on around these parts for a while I see, but will add a hello here. A Brit here, been in France a while now and it doesn't help that my business is cake making :D
  • Salut !

I'm Canadian, been living in Paris for 3 years. Would love to swap tips about finding healthy and green things (that won't break the bank) here, seeing as I haven't found anything comparable to what I've heard Trader Joe's is like. I am also always open to complaining about the administration.

Cheers!
  • 176pounds
    176pounds Posts: 4
    Hello,

I have lived all over, and I AM NOW IN FRANCE, coye la foret, which is 20 min from paris. mother of four and happy to join!
  • Hello,

I have lived all over, and I AM NOW IN FRANCE, coye la foret, which is 20 min from paris. mother of four and happy to join!
    Well I shall defy the crickets and say "Ahoyhoy!"
  • Hello! My name is Jaime, American living in Ardeche, and very happy here! I am 37 this year and have 2 kids that keep me on my toes..looking to shed some Kgs and get in better shape for the rest of my life!
  • Kathyenfrance
    Kathyenfrance Posts: 21 Member
    Hi
    I'm Kathy, living near Cognac in the Poitou Charente. We've been in France for a number of years now, having brought up our two sons here. Love MFP, but if there's anyone nearby, please friend me if you want. I can always do with the extra support.
    Not a lot going on in this group. Hopefully there are more expats around.
  • emculp1
    emculp1 Posts: 12 Member
    Salut, tout le monde!

My name's Emily and I'm from Florida. I moved to Verdun in 2011 to be with my then-boyfriend, now-husband. I got a job in Champagne-Ardennes and now teach English at a little private school. I'm not overweight but I was headed in that direction. I'm losing weight and getting healthy, particularly upping my exercise, in order to improve my mental health as well. I just lost my Dad this summer and it's really doing a number on my head, and I find myself eating poorly, overeating, not exercising, and drinking alone, which is never a good thing.

Anywho, back to happier things, I love books, writing, music, and SOCCER. Gosh, I love when I get to play soccer against my students.

Nice to meet all of you!