How are you losing weight?.

Options
Hi everyone !

I want to congratulate everyone who has lost weight this past two weeks. Can you share your method? Are you exercising! Dieting, or both? What exercise you are doing and for how long? What diet?

Well I am eating 1200 calories a day ( sometimes more ). And I am walking for 30 minutes and 30 minutes on my elliptical machine for 6!days a week :)

Replies

• beckimj
    beckimj Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    I am logging calories, but I don't consider it dieting. I am also doing a variety of exercises...elliptical, walking, swimming, stretching, yoga. I am also really pushing to make sure my water consumption is high enough, which appears to be my biggest challenge this week. I was working on sleeping enough, but that isn't working tonight, which is going to make a miserable weekend when I throw in work.
  • jc1231
    jc1231 Posts: 67
    Options
    I have found that in the last few years that cardio alone just doesn't do it for me and doesn't help me lose weight. I do a mix of weight training, cardio, yoga/pilates, and walking the dog. In the last 3 weeks I have lost 9 pounds. I am not doing anything crazy, just eating the right kinds of foods and exercising for 30 minutes each day.
    I also exercise using DVDs and have found that finding the right instructor is key. If you like the instructor and the workout, you are much more likely to stick with it. Good luck.
  • Daysednconfused
    Daysednconfused Posts: 975 Member
    Options
    I completely changed the way I eat and log everything, but I don't consider it a diet either. I eat more food than I ever have, I just eat healthier foods. Healthier, for me, meant switching to low or fat free foods instead of full fat and adding a lot of fresh fruits and veggies. I also gave up (it's been many months) fast food and practically cut bread and butter out completely since I used to live on it!. My diary is open and it reads like a book (keep in mind that Friday and Saturday are not typical days)! I almost always plan and log my food one day ahead to stay focused and on track. It works for me.

I was doing just cardio, but added weightlifting right before the new year. I lift weights 3x per week and do circuit training and cardio 3x a week. I just decided to add a rest day. That's my goal anyway, but I find it's hard for me not to jump on my gazelle glider every day because it burns so many calories and I have a hard time staying on track on the weekends.

I increased my calories from 1200 to 1500 a couple of weeks ago and decided last night to up them to 1600 because I work out so much. I only eat my exercise calories back on Friday and Saturday.

The trick is to find what works for you and you will in time. There's a lot of trial and error here, but we are here and that's what is most important!

Good luck to you!

Chris
  • AshleyLo_44
    AshleyLo_44 Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    Mainly in my legs, I'm noticing my arms are getting smaller as well as my chest and my lower back. My stubborn uypper back and belly fat makes me feel like I'm wearing a spare tire around me -.-
  • torismith001
    torismith001 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    I eat breakfast and work out right after so I can get to school. I've lost over 4 pounds since the new year. I eat 1200 calories (unless I work out then I get more). I go on the elliptical and try to burn from 300 to 500 calories each day which takes about 45 min average. I make healthier choices but I will give myself treats if I didn't eat enough etc. I work out six days a week. If you are doing weight training, you may have a hard time losing weight if its new to you because your muscles will hurt (and swell) for a while. But after your body gets used to it you will be ok
  • punkin_p
    Options
    I'm watching how much I eat and lifting heavy three times a week, and I have no complaints thus far!

I eat between 1650-1800 calories most days, and I don't eat back my calories from exercise because it's too easy to overestimate how many I've burned. I eat whatever I want, though I have been trying to prioritize getting more protein and fibre in my diet, to feel full longer and support my muscle growth. And if I'm hungry on lift days, I just go over my calories without any guilt on my conscience :)

I've lost 7 pounds since December 27th and added 50 pounds to my squat in that time, which I'm way more proud of than the weight loss. My body is already starting to look different and every once in a while I spy a little muscle while I'm going through my day :)

In the relatively near future I'll probably have to start eating more as my lifts continue to increase. My weight loss might slow down as a result, but seeing my numbers go up in the gym does way more for my self esteem than seeing my numbers go down on the scale, so I'll take it :)
  • babyskunkles
    babyskunkles Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    I am focusing on calories, but I am also focusing on a balance of carbs/protein/fat. Right now I am trying 45% carbs, 30% fat and 25% protein. I went into settings and custom set those amounts for my diary. I get minimal physical activity, but plan on adding more soon. :smile:
  • henryvg2
    henryvg2 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I'm logging foods *before* they go in my mouth and taking the dog for a 45 min+walk every night. Then looking at the log and seeing where I can switch out something (like an apple for a brownie when I have a sweet desire). I keep my Diary open and log everything. Always reminding myself of the goals I'm ultimately looking at-and these are not weight-related.
  • PrimaveraEterna007
    Options
    Thank you for all your comments and ideas. I hope someone could benefit from them as much as I did ...

Logging food before we eater hem is a wonderful idea :) .... Different exercises. :). ...