How is everyone doing on their juice fast?

Options
Hi everyone,

My name is Kim, I am on day 11 on my juice fast. Lost 7.5 pounds so far on it and feeling great. I am starting to crave some real food, though. Sitting here smelling fresh bread from the kitchen wishing for a piece. But, no I am sipping on my morning juice. How do you guys stay strong from temptations?

Replies

• texastanya
    texastanya Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi Kim! I'm Tanya.

You are doing great! Keep going! :)

I started the juice fast on Monday. Today is Day 6 and I am feeling great. I'm down 16.2# (which amazes me), I expected to loose weight, just not that much. However, I have a looooooong way to go. I was really expecting to feel icky on Tuesday/Wednesday because I had heard Day 2 & 3 are usually the worst, but surprisingly, they weren't bad.

As for temptations, I drink water and think about how much I want to be at my goal. Also, I have a favorite juice and I promise myself that I can have it at the end of the day if there are no cheats. :)
  • tspugh
    tspugh Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Thinking about doing this but do you both feel that you could still do cardio exercises or are you to tired?
  • SqueezeTheClay
    SqueezeTheClay Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I'm doing pretty well, I'm on the same day as you are, I started on the ninth. The most trouble I've had so far, sometimes when I see pictures or smell my kid's food I drool a little and think how nice it would be to eat, but I have a pretty easy time snapping myself out of it. Most of the time I just appreciate the smell and somehow don't have a craving. I can't explain why, because I've never been one to pass up a temptation in the past. I guess I just remind myself why I'm doing this and remember that all the food will still be there and available to me when I'm done with my fast.

How long are you going to stay on the fast? I'm down about 9 pounds so far and have no idea how long I'm doing this, all I know is that I'm not ready to eat, I don't feel like I've conquered all my demons yet. When I started this it was a little impromptu, but something I've had on my mind for years. There was no real plan in place, but I already owned the juicer and had my fridge stocked with everything to juice.

Beth
  • poodlegoat
    poodlegoat Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    I'm on day 9. I binged on day 7 so I redid it. I felt guilty and on day 8 my juice exploded and I had no other choice but to eat fruits and veggies. Sometimes you don't have time and have to grab food fast. I'm glad I chose my juice foods though.
  • sonflowergirl27
    sonflowergirl27 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone! I am hanging in there. I started incorporating some solid food such as beans and soup per Joe Cross 15 day plan. Doing good. Today I am starting to only juice again. I am just loving this way of eating. :smile:
    I am back at the gym, just not doing my cardio as intense as I have in the pass and doing fine . Let's keep encouraging each other, cause I know I need it.:flowerforyou:
  • sonflowergirl27
    Options
    Your doing Fanastic Tanya! That's a great idea to treat yourself with a favorite juice, I am going to do that!
  • Querian
    Querian Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone, I'm going to start my juice fast on Wednesday. My goal is 10 days but the duration may vary depending on how I feel. I've been juicing daily for about 5 months and while I'm a little nervous about starting my first juice fast I am also excited! Any tips? :drinker:
  • gannclan
    Options
    Hi, My husband and I started juicing on Jan 21. We are on day 9 and today I felt hungry, lol. Day one we teased each other about food. All the commercials, friend's child (over weigh child 19) saying "I'm starving".
    Day two I had to work and I came home and slept from 4:45pm to 6:45am. I felt better in bed, away from the commercials and I had the worst headache and didn't take anything for it. Also, I drank a lot of caffeine and now I wasn't. I blame the headache on it.
    Day three not too bad, not hungry really. I work at an elementary school and often get asked to do lunch duty, opening ketchup, juices, etc, and I made it. I also had lunch duty on the day before.
    Day four not bad. Went to doctor and because my husband needed more protein I bought peanuts and he got almonds (unsalted) Loved eating them, but ate a small amount) Lunch duty was easy and I got a few apples from the children, :)
    Day Five not bad and still had some peanuts
    Day Six Bought salted peanuts by mistake, ate them anyway and payed the next morning
    Day Seven Not bad

Also, we found the "Naked Juice" and buy them at Wal-Mart for about 2.68. My husband bought them one day three.

Good luck... We are trying to make it to day 10 eat a salad and then continue...
  • gannclan
    Options
    Ate a salad tonight. :( Didn't make it to day 10. I will be juicing again tomorrow...
    :)
  • Querian
    Options
    Yesterday was my first day of juice fast. It went pretty well, I did have dull headache from caffeine withdrawal. I wasn't particularly hungry; I felt like I was just drinking juice all day long and when I wasn't drinking juice I was trying to drink water.

Today is day two and my headache is much worse. I'm on the fence about taking an advil. I'm trying not to take anything but geez I can barely stand it. I have chronic headaches and usually take advil several times a day. I might take just one instead of the usual dose of two and se if that helps. Other than that I feel pretty good today :drinker:
  • Querian
    Options
    Day three has been much better for me, my headache is mostly gone and I feel pretty good, even if my energy is a little low. I have been doing some mild exercise, like 20 minutes on the bike this morning and 12 minutes of circuit strength training tonight but I am not pushing myself, just taking it easy with the exercise I am doing.

Most of the juices have been pretty tasty but tonight the juice I made is kind of gross but I'm trying to drink it anyway. Too many greens I think. I need to go to the store tomorrow and get more veggies cause I only bought enough for a 3 day fast when I started and since it is day 3 I am out of things like cucumbers. At least my dessert juice is delicious, I had a sip when I made it at the same time as my dinner juice, so it will be my reward after I drink this icky green juice tonight. Actually by the end of the day I'm so tired of drinking juice my real reward is some herbal tea.

I'd love to hear how everyone else is doing on their juice fasts!
  • taylor0204
    taylor0204 Posts: 357 Member
    Options
    Today is day 3 of my modified juice fast ( I consumed juices for breakfast and lunch) and then had a sensible dinner. I enjoyed the juices I made. I feel great. Has anyone experienced bad breath during their fast and if so, what did you do ?
  • redhdrn27
    redhdrn27 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hi Everyone!

I'm on day 24 of 30 of my first juice fast. I've lost 22 lbs so far and I feel ah-mazing! I have been doing some cardio but one day I burned 1500 calories and I was beyond starving so I've cranked it back a bit. I follow the "new year, new you" guide from the rebootwithjoe.com website and I'm still staying strong! I do watch a lot of you tube videos to get some motivation and see what I can expect from various stages on this journey. I hope everyone else is enjoying juicing as much as I am!
  • Querian
    Options
    Hi Taylor, sounds like you are doing great! The modified fast is something I have considered doing, too. Before my juice fast I was having juice for breakfast and then eating the rest of the day. I haven't had any bad breath issues (at least I don't think so! :laugh: ) but I would probably try to drink more water and see if that helps at all.

Hi Red, wow! Day 24! That's fantastic! I'm also following the New Year New You Guide and I like having it for reference although I've already started experimenting with some other recipes not included in the guide but that I think are in the spirit (or rather color) of the guide recommendations. You are a real inspiration!

I'm on Day 4 and I've lost 3 pounds so far. It's nice waking up each day so far and being a pound lighter! That really helps my motivation! I'm also enjoying the juice fast. I can easily see making this a quarterly ritual in my healthy lifestyle. My goal is ten days and I've considered going longer but this is my first reboot so the entire thing in a big experiment. My birthday is in a couple of weeks too so if I extend my fast I won't be eating for my birthday and I don't know how I feel about that, either. I know I love juicing though! :drinker:
  • hayleykateldn
    Options
    Hi All, I'm on day 1 of my juice-fast. It's 1pm, I've had 2 juices and I'm already feeling a little light-headed! I'm drinking lots of water, while my colleagues around me are tucking in to their yummy smelling lunches.

Is it normal to feel like this half way through the first day?
  • Querian
    Options
    Hi All, I'm on day 1 of my juice-fast. It's 1pm, I've had 2 juices and I'm already feeling a little light-headed! I'm drinking lots of water, while my colleagues around me are tucking in to their yummy smelling lunches.

Is it normal to feel like this half way through the first day?
    I did feel a little strange on day 1 and I just kept drinking water and coconut water and more juice. I find that if I go too long between juices I do start feeling lightheaded so my advice is drink more juice! I have a juice in the morning before I leave for work, and when I get to work coconut water, and around 11 am I will start my lunch juice because I am hungry, and then I usually sip on that for a couple of hours until it is gone and dive right into my afternoon snack juice. Most of the juices I have been making are anywhere between 20-40 ounces each and I have been counting calories still (I know - no reason to do that other than habit I guess) and by the end of the day I am still only at like 1050-1200 calories even with juice overload. I also have dinner juice when I get home followed by dessert juice. Make sure you are having enough veggie juices and not just fruit juices because fruit alone will make your energy rise and fall too quickly.

Here is the plan I am basically following, maybe you will find it helpful ...
    http://issuu.com/rebootwithjoe/docs/new-year-quick-start-reboot/15?zoomed=&zoomPercent=&zoomX=&zoomY=&noteText=&noteX=&noteY=&viewMode=magazine

Stick with it and drink more juice! You can do it! :drinker:
  • hayleykateldn
    Options
    Great, thank you! I'll check that out.

I do feel much better now, I've had 3 juices in total for the day. All of which have contained a tonne of spinach/kale/cucumber/celery/carrotts with some fruit to sweeten.

It is difficult for me to get in the right mindset for this juice fast since I've always followed low-carb diets. I guess I'll see how I feel in a weeks time!
  • sonflowergirl27
    Options
    Hi, I have been fighting a cold the past few days. I found this recipes on reboot withJoe.com, which is high in vitamin C. Not only is it delicious but my cold is almost gone. 1 orange 1 bell pepper 3 carrots 1/2 lemmon Just thought I would share, since we are in cold season.
  • fitmommy2012
    fitmommy2012 Posts: 451 Member
    Options
    Today is day 1 for me. I am rarely able to last long because I always give into to food. My husband suggests that I start slow so I may eat a small salad tonight to help and then hopefully by the end of the week I will be drinking straight juice! :) (Meaning no food with it -lol) - I love juicing though because I am getting a ton more fruits and veggies in my system that I wouldnt normally eat. :)
  • Querian
    Options
    Hayley - I hope you are still doing good with the fast! This is not low carb but at least it is all fruits and veggies and you know those are healthy!

Kim - I tried that recipe too and it was very good! I put in on my approved juices list lol!

Fitmommy - how's it going? If you can't do the full fast check out the reboot website for modified fasts than include food. It might be easier to start with one of those.

As for me it's Day 7 and I'm still doing good. I've gotten better at making my juices to taste good (or maybe I'm just getting used to them lol). I'm set on 10 days and have my food planned for a few days after that. This has been easier so far than I thought although I'll definitely be glad to start eating food again. I think I might fast again in a month or two and start doing it on a regular basis. :drinker: