Protein?

Options
ullbergm
ullbergm Posts: 2 Member
Been doing the juice thing for 5 days now, one concern i have is protein. Is there enough protein in the greens?

What would be the best stuff to get protein from? I read that beans have a lot but will those go in a juicer well?

Thanks,
Magnus

Replies

• ullbergm
    ullbergm Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    It does, thanks :)
  • NeverGivesUp
    NeverGivesUp Posts: 960 Member
    Options
    I have been juicing for 23 days now. I am planning on going for at least 30 days. I am not worried about not having too much protein over such a short period of time. I think protein is important but people consume waaaaay too much of it overall. I feel fantastic on my 23rd day. :)
  • MackIZMs
    MackIZMs Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Avocados are great for protein in juices!

I also use almond butter and almond milk in my juices. Broccoli is a good source as well. Plenty of protein choices!
  • SqueezeTheClay
    SqueezeTheClay Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    If you're just juicing, and not doing smoothies, then you get your protein from the greens. It's not so much their protein content that does it, but when you juice them you get a lot of amino acids, which build the proteins, so your body still has a lot of material to work with. That's also a reason it's good to vary your greens, because then you get a wider variety of amino acids.

There's an argument I've heard many times before, it's about how cows, when eating their proper diet of grass, grow to be huge animals that provide us with meat and milk. Where do they get all the protein they need to grow? It's in the grass.
  • Emile_Jarreau
    Emile_Jarreau Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I too,after 38 years in the fitness game, have been juicing for the past 5. In the short run...cool, very cool. I see and feel a difference that for me is unmistakeable.

You're interest in protein due to my profession is and has always been the big gym myth. "Dude, you gotta eat 2 grams per pound of body weight to get huge!"

Ahhh. No

I recently saw the woman 90 year old Charlotte Gerson discussing juicing and the fact the the largest animals in the jungle get plenty protein from the veggies. The 800 lb gorilla or hippo and rhino? All vegan (http://youtu.be/U7Ck9D45OT4)

Over the years, Ive shifted out of my diet, one thing after another which has allowed my physique to be its absolute best ever at 53. I'd say along with all the other brain washing in our country its also occurred in the fitness, weight loss and supplement industry.

Try Sun Warrior Protein, order on Amazon as a Prime Member. You'll save tons of money as a Prime member (I get NO compensation http://youtu.be/CcoEtcgC8Ng

Hope you enjoy it:)

Hugs

Emile Jarreau, aka, Mr. Fat Loss
  • naterar
    naterar Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Yeah there is plenty, juice alot of Spinach and Kale. I just got off a 14 day Juice feast and was fine. Try to drink as much green juice as possible and try not to worry about the protein to much. Juice On!