Welcome "Greatest Loser Challenger"

Options
13»

Replies

• aubsangels
    aubsangels Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    5'6" 188lbs...my goal is to lose 2lbs this week.
  • Jowalker01
    Jowalker01 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone

I joined the site just a few hours ago and found this challenge, This may be just the thing I need to help me keep focused on my journey to reach my weight loss goals.

Good luck everyone
    Joanna
  • Jowalker01
    Jowalker01 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Hi
    I joined today too so we can be newbies together!
    I'm in London...yes the same London that is covered in 10 inches of snow at the moment!

My plan for week 1 is to keep my food diary up to date and to get 8 hours sleep (I make bad choices when I'm tired)
    Hopefully I'll be able to increase my activity once the snow clears.

Good luck this week, let us know how you are getting on :smile:

Joanna
  • Sarahlou314
    Sarahlou314 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! I'm new to the group as well.... Starting this week at 343lbs hoping to lose 3lbs this week so I meet my goal of 340lbs for January!
  • NareenaTheGypsy
    NareenaTheGypsy Posts: 475 Member
    Options
    Hi folks. I am 5' 2" and started out at 240 lbs. I've been told I "carry my weight well" though, so a lot of people thought I was 'only' about 200 lbs. Sorry, but at my height, that's still a lot for my body lol. I started with MFP in Aug2012 and have lost 43 lbs so far. I have about 67 lbs more to go (possibly as much as 82 depending on how I look at 130).
    My goals look something like this:

This week's goal: 2 lbs.

#1 "big goal"- Get to 185 by 23Feb for a friend's wedding. Late Dec/Jan weight loss stalled so I am not sure I can still meet this goal. That's 12 lbs in only 4 weeks. I may have to just be happy with only 192 by that time :(. We shall see.

#2- big goal - I am doing my first 5K in early April.. So have to get strong enough to walk the full 5K without having to stop and sit down!

#3 big goal- 165 lbs by the end of April for my bday.
  • SharonBluntz
    SharonBluntz Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone!

I'm here and ready to lose some pounds this upcoming week! I've been needing the extra motivation lately so I think this will be a great challenge! Good luck everyone :)
  • ajzoe
    ajzoe Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Good for you! The Color Me Rad 5k was a lot of fun, I did it in July. Good luck!
    Hello Everyone! I am a student in TN for Pre-Nursing, I am also going to get married in NOV! It is very important that I lose about 50 lbs in 5 months. (that's when I'll get my dress :3) I have much more of an athletic build (like Xena lol) so I know I can't go below 130. I'm 5'5'' and 206 lbs.

I am also training atm for the Color Me Rad 5K in March. I used to run in HS...but I feel WAYYY off the wagon.

My goals are to be able to run/job for 30 min straight, run a mile (without stopping), try to go back to eating cleaner (vegetarian), dropping 20 lbs by the 5K date, and then dropping 40/50 lbs total by June/July.

It's possible, I just need the motivation and drive lol.

I wish everyone luck!!!! We can do this! :3
  • Brandisunshine
    Brandisunshine Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hello! I have been working on weight loss and have been struggling. I just joined MFP 2 days ago, and I can say I feel better all ready! Because I live in Maine and battle the cold weather I have been working out here at home. I purchased the Biggest Loser game for my wii and I love it! The only thing I have found that it does not allow you to track your burn on the MFP exercise tab! I am looking forward to the challenge and if there is a way for me to track my acctivity on here that would be most helpful. I also got confused when I logged in my food and activity it said I earned an extra 304 calories to intake. REALLY! why would I want to add calories I just burned. Any answers? Looking forward to working with all of you on this journey! GOOD LUCK!!!!
  • mummyhollysmith
    Options
    Hello Everyone!

I have just had my second baby and looking to lose the 20lbs I gained, most of the exercise I do is Aqua and low resistance because I had a bone tumour removed in my left leg a few years back leaving my leg very weak so I can't do high impact workouts.
    I am hoping to lose 1lb a week at least and looking forward to losing the weight with you all.

Feel free to add me as a friend x
  • PaigeAnderson100
    PaigeAnderson100 Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    Hi, my name is Paige. I started my weight loss challenge at 244 pounds and I now weigh 235.9 pounds as of today. My overall goal is to weigh 144 so, I am 91 pounds away from my goal!
    I like to challenge myself and I thought that this would be a wonderful group for me to share my struggles and my weekly losses with all of you strong individuals.
    I just had a baby 6 weeks ago so, I haven't been able to get up and get moving... a lot of my weight loss right now has to deal with my eating habits which at the moment aren't the best!

I wish everyone the best of luck! I am just now starting in week 3. Good luck :)