Crazy Busy Mom says HI!

Options
sadanski
sadanski Posts: 21 Member
Hello I am a returning user.. (day 2) The ap has been on my phone for a good 2 years...(ironic right?) I am a Mother of 3 little gals under the age of 5, A housewife/part time Hairdresser, and a wife.. I am looking to drop a good 90lbs, but also I am trying to organize my home, Work three days a week, take my kids two and fro from school, feed them healthy, take care of a toddler with out any outside daycare, and perchance hangout with my husband... So here this leaves me.. HOW THE HECK TO I PUT MY SELF ON THE TOP OF THE PRIORITIES??????? any help, support, ideas, recipes, or good ol laughs are welcome.. I know it took me a long time to put on the weight, I am finding it taking longer doing it alone.....

Replies

• kestie77
    Options
    Welcome! I'm mom to 2 (5 &2), work full time as a teacher, run a MOPS group at my church AND decided to go back to school, so I do online courses whenever I'm not doing anything else. If I can do it, so can you! I have made it a priority to wake up at 5 each (OK, most) morning to exercise. I also work hard to eat well, which includes not eating the food off my kids plates. I always keep healthy snacks handy, so I can avoid crappy foods. Just remember--you are not alone!
  • smartblonde529
    smartblonde529 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Ok, I thought I was busy, but you two have me beat!!! Haha I have a 2 year old and 1 year old and I'm a full time student and trying to start my own business. I love all things health and fitness related and I plan on starting my Master's Degree in nutrition next fall along with getting certified to be a personal trainer. I too get up around 5ish to get my workouts in and often incorporate my kids into my workout like packing them in the jogging stroller and going for a 2 mile walk every day. Feel free to add me, I love having busy mom friends to help encourage each other. We have to make time for us enable to be the best parent possible to our kids. And to set a good example for them : )
  • lmores
    lmores Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I don't have the answer but I have sympathy! I have three girls ages 3-7 and I have been struggling to put myself first but have had more failures then successes. Now I am 20+ lbs more then my pre-pregnancy weight and joined MFP to finally know what is going on with my body.

I guess my only success is that I actually do like working out so when I do I try to focus on why I am doing it, how it makes me feel better, makes my stress level go down, and means that I don't have to feel guilty about enjoying a post bed time glass of wine with my husband or girlfriends. My girls are more active now and I hope that is in part because they see me being active. My real issue is eating, finishing their food, snacking, etc. And my husband is a terrible eater.

If you want friends for extra support please friend me - I am looking for all the connections I can to feel accountable.

Good luck and congrats on taking the first step by reaching out!
  • mamalopez12
    mamalopez12 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Oh yah, After reading this post only having one baby I def feel like my life isnt as crazy! Welcum bk!
  • AcesMommy22
    AcesMommy22 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Dropping in to say hello! I am a mother of a very busy 17 month old boy, who constantly keeps me on my toes and laughing all day long. I love being a mom and wouldn't trade it in for a million dollars. I work out by doing Zumba at least 3 days a week and I just recently started jogging and brisk walking at least once per week. I'm having issues with my achilles, but it has not stopped me from moving. I've lost most of my pregnancy weight, but I can't lose these last 10 pounds!
  • batyaharris
    batyaharris Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi! I am new to this group and to MFP. I am a working mom of a 4 year old boy and a 15 month old daughter. My husband and I wake up every morning at 5am just to get the kids ready for daycare and be out of the house on time for work. I try to go to the gym 3-4 times a week, for an hour, after work. My days and nights are hectic and I have a hard time making exercise a priority. I have a hard time making ME a priority - when it comes to getting healthy. I have 40 lbs to lose to be at my normal healthy weight. My weight gain has caused me to have high blood pressure. Please feel free to add me. I welcome all motivation, tips, and success stories. It's nice to see that I am not alone.
  • justtodayjen333
    justtodayjen333 Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    Hey--Sounds busy! I never used to think I could do it with my busy life, but I am here to tell you that you CAN. It is totally doable! I never would have believed it a few months ago, and I have struggled to get in the place to make it work! But I totally believe that doing the work -- eating right and getting the activity in -- make it easier to deal with the crazies! Friend me if you would like! I love the positive connections I find here on MFP!
  • aubsangels
    aubsangels Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I am right there with you. I am so busy with my four kids and (my fifth child, my hubby). When I sat down to figure it all out, my hubby works and sometimes fiddles around outside fixing things on the weekend but in the end I work and do EVERYTHING else. He wonders why I am so scattered. Well, now it is our time...right. We can do it.
  • aubsangels
    aubsangels Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Hi, I am a very busy mom of four fabulous children and a hubby. Yes, he is my fifth child. I am on a mission to get healthy and lose some unwanted pounds. I work 30 hours a week, come home and help my children with homework, cook dinner, we all clean up (hubby needs to help more), then we relax for about an hour. Then, it is reading time and bed time. That's not it though, then I sit and do paper work until my eyes can't stay open anymore.

I can't fit the gym in anymore but work out on the wii and just love MFP. Looking forward to supporting each other.

Other things about me: I think I am a pretty positive persons and like to surround myself with people like that. I enjoy being outdoors when it is warmer, camping, walks and playing sports with the kids. When it is cold I like to be indoors with the family, watching tv, playing board games, and word games. We love to make each laugh and just have fun!

Looking to hook with friends to help me keep on track!!
  • txsweetie82
    txsweetie82 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Girl I hear ya! I got me 111 lbs to shed and keep off!

I have 2 boys (12 & 6) and I work m-f from 9-6. I just started my new lifestyle a week today! I am sooo loving it. I finally made time for me. I drop my boys off early to school and go workout with 2 other moms every morning for an hour and half. And on the weekends I never can seem to sleep in and always up before daylight. I end up waking everyon up "to early" trying to keep myself busy lol. So, I let my hubby and the boys sleep in and I headed off to the gym at 6 am this weekend.. I so loved it.. I ended up hanging out there working out for 2 hours, lol.

I owe a lot of KUDOS to my husband. He helps around the house a lot! We split dinner, some nights he cooks and some I do, then sometimes we do it together. He does the dishes, I do the laundry. We clean the house together. My kids do their part to my youngest help daddy with dishes and oldest does laundry with me.
  • likitisplit
    likitisplit Posts: 9,420 Member
    Options
    TXSweetie - I hear you! I love getting up early on a Sunday and checking off another run on my Couch to 5K program. It makes me feel refreshed for the day.