I did it!(:

Options
I swore in, and I'm leaving in less than 6 months for the army! Ft.Jackson, then to Ft.Leonard wood.
Anybody else going/been there?
And, what else is everyone doing to get in shape (or attempt) to prepare for Basic training? Of course, we all know you can't really prepare for it.

Replies

• daybehavior
    daybehavior Posts: 1,319 Member
    Options
    Congrats!
  • pooleebarbara
    pooleebarbara Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Congradulations!

I'm still losing weight to enlist, but I know I'm going to focus on the three essentials (I call them three essentials because it seems all branches have you do them, a lot) Running, Situps, and Pushups when it gets close for me to enlist. For now my regime focuses mostly on high interval training (HIT) and Cardio. I've lost weight with it and increased my stamina, which you will need in bootcamp!

Good luck, and if you're looking for a good HIT program, check out some of the workouts on Workout Trainer. Its a great app on andriod, and its free!
  • KalaMakaKoa
    KalaMakaKoa Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Robertson, you know I have been there, I can tell you a list of IT activities you could work on! LOL

But, yes, running, push ups, crunches/sit ups, and try to do pull ups or a flexed arm hang.
  • Hbazzell
    Hbazzell Posts: 899 Member
    Options
    Congrats girly!