Zucchini tots revisited

Options
BIRDIEBL8
BIRDIEBL8 Posts: 155 Member
Ok here is my recipe for zucchini tots with a couple of twists. Low carb- low cal & filling. Hope you like 'em!
recipe #1
1 1/4 cup grated zucchini, (with a strainer or towel remove excess moisture for crisper tots)
1/4 cup parmesian cheese
1/4 cup unprocessed wheat bran
1 egg
mix all together & bake on lightly oiled sheet pan @ *400 for 15 - 18 minutes, turning over after 10 min. makes 12 @ 17 calories each
variation #2
use fat free cheddar cheese = 14 calories each
variation#3
omit egg & add 1 tbls milled flax seed mixed with 2tbls water = 11calories each
Well it seems like the variations are endless but you may also omit 1/4 cup zucchini & replace it with finely diced onion
Happy baking!

Replies

• kittzle
    kittzle Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    Hello support group,
    My name is Jennifer.
    And it's been 2 days since my last zucchini tot...

Hehe

I made mine with the 1/4 onion variation and sharp cheddar instead of parm.
    Haven't been brave enough to try it with wheat bran, but I used the italian breadcrumbs once (amazing!) and panko breadcrumbs the 2nd time and seasoned them myself (not too bad). I still ate the whole batch of them both times, LOL.

Parmesan is next... but when I went to get some, they didn't have the real shredded looking one, only the artificial looking one that looks like cheese dust. hehe.
  • BIRDIEBL8
    BIRDIEBL8 Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    Hello group,
    My name is Becca.
    I am a squashaholic....
    I made mine with flax & low fat cheddar & made a double batch, then I sauteed yellow squash for lunch. IT'S BEEN 2HRS. But I think I can wait till my 7pm break for more