Hi, new to this site! September wedding

Options
Hi, I am just starting out using this site and figured I would look for others getting married this year to see what your goals are and how you plan to reach them. My wedding is going to be in September this year. I have had some contact with local dress shops and am terrified to even go and try anything on because everyone says they may have one, maybe two in my size. I am currently in a 24 and am almost into my 22s. Been doing my elliptical 45 min sessions 3-4 times a week and changing my eating. Just ordered a set of Jillian Michaels dvds so I can step it up a notch. I am most self-conscience about my arms and if I could just figure that out I would feel so much better about dress shopping. I know I will not reach my dream size by September, but am going to bust my butt to see if I can get down to a size 16. Considering I am just barely squeezing into my 22's and will be able to ditch all my 24s soon, I think this is a reasonable goal, only need to lose 3 sizes. Time to do this!

Replies

• Drkchyld
    Drkchyld Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    I totally understand the boat ur in.My wedding is in august. I jus moved into a size 24 and jus yesterday i went and tried on dresses again. Not sure where ur from but i definitely am having the same problem at the bridal shops. there is a plus sized bridal store in sacramento, ca called Sparkle Bridal Coture and they carry only sizes 16-30 and it was great!
    I'm also feeling like my arms are one of my issues. im trying do some strength training to tone up my arms but its so hard to stay on top of. I'm also working out 4-5 times a wk. most days going to the gym and doing the elliptical. for days i dont feel like going to the gym i dance, tae bo, or zumba. Good luck. Feel free to add me if u like.
  • HollyInBalance
    HollyInBalance Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Hello I am new to this group as well! We are getting married on October 12th, 2013. I have 15 lbs to lose before the wedding so I'm looking for new friends to support me along the way. I have a 232 day logging streak going so I'm looking for friends that won't disappear for a few months at a time. I really need people to keep motivating me to make HEALTHY food choices as well as introducing me to new and exciting workouts. I typically run, do 2 boots camps a week with a Jillian-style trainer, and SPiN once a week so I'm certainly active enough but I don't make the best food choices or I don't eat enough and that's counterproductive as well. I'm excited to join a group for supportive fellow brides-to-be!! :) - Holly
  • RatherBeInTheShire
    RatherBeInTheShire Posts: 561 Member
    Options
    Hello! I am also getting married in September! What is your date? I need to lose about 16 lbs before the wedding but I have NO motivation to work out! Best of luck to you!
  • Chocolate_Queen
    Chocolate_Queen Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Holly, we are getting married on the same day. Nice date choice! ;-)