Is this group still active??

Options
Just wondering since no ones has posted anything since a month ago....

Replies

• WaimanaloMan
    WaimanaloMan Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    Aloha Makani,
    I think most groups on MFP are quiet, I'd joined a few others and they were similar. Who knows what 2013 will bring?
    :D
  • heartransplants
    Options
    Let's liven it up! :smile:
  • mzkaneella
    Options
    I am here everyday.. tracking my food.. would love to talk story wiht other locals
  • WaimanaloMan
    Options
    What would be a good idea for a conversation, recipe trades, exercise ideas? I'm game to help out making this group more lively!
  • taahine01
    taahine01 Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    I think recipe trades - particularly recipes w/ local ingredients or even sharing the nutritional value/info about some of our local dishes would be awesome......i.e - calories amount, fat, etc for the garden omelet from the Original Pancake House, a laulau from Youngs Fishmarket or a recipe for a lighter version of a li hing mui margarita.....you know, things like this....
  • WaimanaloMan
    Options
    That's a cool idea!
  • ElTecolote
    ElTecolote Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I just discovered MFP and starting tracking yesterday. Still exploring but found this group and am willing to chat if anyone else is. I'm a diet flunkie, tried them all and failing....never used to be an issue with my weight until these past few years because I used to run ALOT and never had to diet. Since I fell off the wagon with running, weight has been creeping up to the point I have got to do something about it - hence finding this cool site. I am basically only running on the weekends now and so out of shape, after 30 minutes I'm done! Hoping to find motivation, inspiration, and encouragement here ;-) Any Zone dieters out there? I think I may give it a go. Paleo didn't work for me, not much of a meat eater.....
  • WaimanaloMan
    Options
    Hey ElTecolote, welcome to MFP and the group. It's crazy how weight can just sneak up on you, I just shed like 34lbs of weight I was slowly putting on for Lord knows how long. My Wife and I have been doing KettleWorx for toning and cardio, and also loads of walking. When you have a heart rate monitor it's amazing to see how many calories just brisk walking burns. Maybe that would be an easier way to get back into running? One thing MFP showed me, is that I personally don't need a specific diet, I just need to understand the calories that are in the food I eat, even food I thought was healthy had more calories than I needed. I learned to scale down my portion sizes, to drink loads of water and to make sure exercise was part of it. Another big part of it for me is to be completely honest with what I log, my diary is open and I figure it helps since I can't hide anything I eat. I hope MFP helps you as much as it has so many people on here!
  • ElTecolote
    ElTecolote Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Thanks Waimanloman! 3 days tracking and confirmed what I thought may be my problem, I eat way too much fat and sugar....no suprise there. I like how it calculates everything. Did my usual two 30 min. runs this past weekend, gonna try and add two more days this week and start building from there. My goal is to do the Jamba Juice Banana Man Chase on May 4th and be able to run it semi-competively and be10 lbs thinner by then. Anyone else want to do this?!! It's a super fun race, and fun for the whole family.
  • totoro808
    Options
    Hi everyone. new to MFP, not new to dieting and exercising. Live in Makiki. Would love to help encourage and get support from everyone. Looking to lose 40 pounds. Best to us all. :smile:
  • florentinovillaro
    florentinovillaro Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    bump
  • mzkaneella
    Options
    bump you right back.. hee hee
  • hisaku
    hisaku Posts: 19
    Options
    Hello, just joined this group. I'm on Oahu, 30-something, typical gamer/anime lover looking to get in shape. I'm a foodie, so would like to hear what healthy choices ppl get while eating out. For starters, I recently went to Nabeya Nonbei. It's a hot pot place, but they had a broth with soy in it that turned into tofu as it heated up. So that was a nice healthy filling option that you don't have to pay extra for.
  • TennesseeGeek
    TennesseeGeek Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone.....I'm new to the boards here. I have family in Hawaii. My mom is samoan and grew up in Hawaii. I visit Hawaii a lot when visiting my family there. I'm looking for friends to support and motivate me. I have over 200 lbs to lose. I'm 5'1 and being short carries a lot of weight. I have lost 19 lbs already in 4 weeks. Mostly is water weight I lost. I want to stay on track. Please add me as a friend. Thank you.