What do you do when...........

Options
AnnaPixie
AnnaPixie Posts: 7,439 Member
you get a craving for food?

I have just chewed 2 packs of gum, 20 pieces, one after the other. I only like the crunchy bit, so I chew it a few times then spit it out and start again.........lol

Sugar free, of course.......

What do YOU do to take your mind off eating something? I'm not even hungry, probably just bored, or emotionally distressed...........I dunno..................la la laaaa!! :bigsmile:

Replies

• LGrill27
    LGrill27 Posts: 337 Member
    Options
    I have this issue everyday. I want to eat because of boredom, which is often. I'll make a salad with a vinaigrette dressing, it usually holds me over, sometimes I'll get on the computer play card games online.
  • TheKitsune6
    TheKitsune6 Posts: 5,798 Member
    Options
    Popcorn! Popcorn popcorn popcorn.
  • shammxo
    shammxo Posts: 1,432 Member
    Options
    I know this is the wrong answer, but sometimes (like that last few days) I just eat anyway.

BUT if I'm being good, I'll make some sugar free drink from a packet (like grape or strawberry kiwi) and take a hot bath. Then if I still wanna eat, I'll look at pictures of some of the goals I have for my body, then look at my body, and say... It's not worth it.
  • jesusHchris
    jesusHchris Posts: 1,405 Member
    Options
    I eat all day, even when I'm full. I force it down anyway.

Don't hate me.
  • Begood03
    Begood03 Posts: 1,261 Member
    Options
    I drink down as quickly as I can a big glass of water. It usually helps, but then in 20 minutes of so I have to hit the bathroom.
  • pa_jorg
    pa_jorg Posts: 4,404 Member
    Options
    Chug some water. Or make hot cocoa this time of year. It's filling and feels like a treat, but is relatively low in calories.
  • RunIntheMud
    RunIntheMud Posts: 2,645 Member
    Options
    At work, one of the guys has "dessert" gum...it's the kind that tastes like strawberry shortcake or key lime pie. I'll go grab a piece of that. Or I'll grab a piece of chocolate. Not a whole bar (usually). lol

If I'm at home, I'll make a bowl of veggies or a salad. I love veggies, so this usually fixes it. If it's a sweet craving, I'll have a banana or eat small bowl of ice cream.
  • AnnaPixie
    Options
    I have this issue everyday. I want to eat because of boredom, which is often. I'll make a salad with a vinaigrette dressing, it usually holds me over, sometimes I'll get on the computer play card games online.

Awwwww I'm sorry you go through this every day. Perhaps we should hook up and find something better to do!! :bigsmile:

PS Love the Nun's outfit.......:laugh:
  • AnnaPixie
    Options

Popcorn is really high calorie here!!?? Either added sugar or salt. I've never come across those big bowls of it that I see in American movies.........lol
  • AnnaPixie
    Options
    I know this is the wrong answer, but sometimes (like that last few days) I just eat anyway.

BUT if I'm being good, I'll make some sugar free drink from a packet (like grape or strawberry kiwi) and take a hot bath. Then if I still wanna eat, I'll look at pictures of some of the goals I have for my body, then look at my body, and say... It's not worth it.

Sam, this made me laugh. I think I looked at my body 20 years ago and thought "what'st he point!" :laugh:

Just kiddin :bigsmile:

Yeah, I suppose posting a really gross picture on my fridge might do the trick. I have several to choose from..........lol
  • AnnaPixie
    Options
    I eat all day, even when I'm full. I force it down anyway.

Don't hate me.

:laugh: How could anyone hate you Christopher. You're too cute! :heart:
  • AnnaPixie
    Options
    I drink down as quickly as I can a big glass of water. It usually helps, but then in 20 minutes of so I have to hit the bathroom.

Yeah, that's the only problem with liquid at midnight.............. :huh:
  • AnnaPixie
    Options
    Chug some water. Or make hot cocoa this time of year. It's filling and feels like a treat, but is relatively low in calories.

Ooooooo its funny, cos Lorro had hot chocolate in her diary the other day and I bought some. But didnt think of it. Thanks PJ! :bigsmile:
  • AnnaPixie
    Options
    At work, one of the guys has "dessert" gum...it's the kind that tastes like strawberry shortcake or key lime pie. I'll go grab a piece of that. Or I'll grab a piece of chocolate. Not a whole bar (usually). lol

If I'm at home, I'll make a bowl of veggies or a salad. I love veggies, so this usually fixes it. If it's a sweet craving, I'll have a banana or eat small bowl of ice cream.

Yeah, carrots are good to nibble on! :bigsmile:
  • poncho33
    poncho33 Posts: 1,511
    Options
    I think you eat! I'm not a firm believer in the specific allowance of calories/day. Some days I'm really hungry, some I'm not... some days I burn a lot more, some I don't. Who came up with tracking daily anyway, why don't you get a monthly allowance? Or weekly??

Best advice I got on the topic is to listen to your body.... sounds like you're hungry!
  • AnnaPixie
    Options
    I think you eat! I'm not a firm believer in the specific allowance of calories/day. Some days I'm really hungry, some I'm not... some days I burn a lot more, some I don't. Who came up with tracking daily anyway, why don't you get a monthly allowance? Or weekly??

Best advice I got on the topic is to listen to your body.... sounds like you're hungry!

I can't argue with that :flowerforyou: Well, apart from the fact that my body never knows when to stop!!! :huh: But yeah, I certainly get hungrier days and should balance it out over the week. Just scared of getting carried away I spose.........
  • diodelcibo
    diodelcibo Posts: 2,564 Member
    Options
    Usually distract myself with something else I'm craving.
  • pammbroo
    pammbroo Posts: 550 Member
    Options
    Usually try something to drink....water or if I want something sweet, the hot chocolate works. But sometimes I just give in to the craving, try to keep it reasonable and move on.
  • TheKitsune6
    TheKitsune6 Posts: 5,798 Member
    Options

Popcorn is really high calorie here!!?? Either added sugar or salt. I've never come across those big bowls of it that I see in American movies.........lol

I have an air popper :3
  • kimad
    kimad Posts: 3,010 Member
    Options
    I have calorie free candies and diet pop.
    Usually I am ok, but some days (like Sunday) I couldn't eat enough, I just felt starving all day.

eta: water