Week #3

Options
SunnyLynnie
SunnyLynnie Posts: 87 Member
Any specific goals this week, ladies?? I want to continue bringing down my fat intake some more. It seems to be difficult! At least I lost a pound. How about you guys?

Replies

• Gwenski
    Gwenski Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    I FINALLY feel like I am back in control! My goal is to stay that way! Day by day is the only way...
    No social events until I go into the city on Saturday so things should be a o.k.
    I am very pleased with my increased exercise though..that's def. my 'win' for January.
    6 weeks until our anniversary, 13 1/2 weeks until our trip...pressing on toward success!
    Keep on keeping on everyone! We can do this!!!
  • ajewellmom
    ajewellmom Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    Having a spectacular beginning to the year. Was feeling a bit discouraged because I was losing and gaining the same weight, but I seem to have broken the mold. Started my weight-loss journey at the end of November and I now am down 23 pounds. Had set a second goal for myself of 30 pounds by Valentine's day. I almost think that is obtainable. Not eating back all my exercise calories is the key as I feel MFP is overestimating the burn. If I continue this way, I could be down 100 by the end of the year. What a shock that would be!!
  • Gwenski
    Gwenski Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    You are doing this, Angela! Your targets sound reasonable with consistent work! All the best!
  • weston23
    weston23 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    My goal for me, is to get a better handle on my sugars :(
  • JoanneStone
    JoanneStone Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    I'm way behind! My weekly goal...for NEXT week (Jan 28 and on) Is to pick up running after work again. The dark is is so...discouraging. Now that it is staying lighter longer, I hope to start again on Monday! Keep in mind I don't get home from work until after 5pm and by the time I make dinner and clean up...*SIGH*
  • 26Nirak
    26Nirak Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    Thanks for keeping this going, Ladies!

My goal is to just start again...get those good habits back: eat regularly, balance my calories throughout the day, and LOG LOG LOG!!!
    No more dilli-dallying around!

Let's keep it strong!

14 weeks.... :)
  • SunnyLynnie
    Options
    I FINALLY feel like I am back in control! My goal is to stay that way! Day by day is the only way...
    No social events until I go into the city on Saturday so things should be a o.k.
    I am very pleased with my increased exercise though..that's def. my 'win' for January.
    6 weeks until our anniversary, 13 1/2 weeks until our trip...pressing on toward success!
    Keep on keeping on everyone! We can do this!!!

I definitely agree with you, there, Gwen! You can bike to Rome and back! I tried biking to Rome the other day because I thought if Gwen's butt can handle it, so can mine! I barely made it out of my own town! lol
  • SunnyLynnie
    Options
    Having a spectacular beginning to the year. Was feeling a bit discouraged because I was losing and gaining the same weight, but I seem to have broken the mold. Started my weight-loss journey at the end of November and I now am down 23 pounds. Had set a second goal for myself of 30 pounds by Valentine's day. I almost think that is obtainable. Not eating back all my exercise calories is the key as I feel MFP is overestimating the burn. If I continue this way, I could be down 100 by the end of the year. What a shock that would be!!

Angela, that overestimated calorie burn turned out to be my downfall as well. You are getting excellent results, keep at it!
  • SunnyLynnie
    Options
    My goal for me, is to get a better handle on my sugars :(

Welcome to label-reading and interpreting 101! lol Companies try to hide their sugars by naming them something else. I got this list from a reputable web site http://lowcarbdiets.about.com/od/whattoeat/a/sugars.htm

Agave Nectar
    Barley Malt Syrup
    Corn sweetener
    Corn syrup, or corn syrup solids
    Dehydrated Cane Juice
    Dextrin
    Dextrose
    Fructose
    Fruit juice concentrate
    Glucose
    High-fructose corn syrup
    Honey
    Invert sugar
    Lactose
    Maltodextrin
    Malt syrup
    Maltose
    Maple syrup
    Molasses
    Raw sugar
    Rice Syrup
    Saccharose
    Sorghum or sorghum syrup
    Sucrose
    Syrup
    Treacle
    Turbinado Sugar
    Xylose

Very sneaky of them! Consumer/dieter beware!
  • SunnyLynnie
    Options
    I'm way behind! My weekly goal...for NEXT week (Jan 28 and on) Is to pick up running after work again. The dark is is so...discouraging. Now that it is staying lighter longer, I hope to start again on Monday! Keep in mind I don't get home from work until after 5pm and by the time I make dinner and clean up...*SIGH*

Have you thought about investing in a treadmill, Joanne? It would be worth its weight in... I want to say gold, but probably pounds is more appropriate! Especially if that's the exercise you enjoy the most and can be most consistent with. I would bite the bullet and set one up in front of my TV, and jump on it every chance I had, like Gwen does with her stationary bike. I think you would see the scale move much faster. Just an idea!!! Love ya!
  • SunnyLynnie
    Options
    Thanks for keeping this going, Ladies!

My goal is to just start again...get those good habits back: eat regularly, balance my calories throughout the day, and LOG LOG LOG!!!
    No more dilli-dallying around!

Let's keep it strong!

14 weeks.... :)

Karin, you're a wonderful, talented, beautiful woman. You can do anything you set your mind to. We have all been demotivated at one time or another. Look at my journey - one plateau after another! But I can safely say that if I didn't keep it up, I would be 20 lbs heavier than I am now. Just stay with us, believe in yourself, and you WILL get there. It doesn't even matter when (although June would be good!). lol