Team Jillian - Week 3 Challenge

Options
Hey Team Jillian-ers! We had a great week last week, our team burned 21797 calories!!!! AND we won the first weeks weigh in! I am SOOO proud of every single person on our team! I hope everyone weighs in every week so we don't lose any team members! I hope everyone works hard this week to see great results at our next weigh in! If anyone else has any challenge ideas please forward them to me!!

This week our Mental/Nutrition Challenge is to Journal! A lot of our team members are really great at tracking everything in their journals, if you are currently doing this, keep up the great work! For those of us who need to work on it, this week I challenge you to track everything, including liquids, track your excercise and your thoughts! I would also like to suggest that we open our journals up to each other if you are comfortable to do so, sometimes making our journals open keeps us more accountable. If you are not comfortable to do that, thats ok too :happy:

For our Physical challenge this week we are doing a No Nonsense Circuit!! These are excercises we can do at home! 50 Jumping Jacks/20 Squats/50 Crunches/60 Second Plank! No equipment required :happy:
Each day record your success of the circuit! If these numbers are too high/too low for you adjust accordingly please!!!

:happy: Good Luck Team!!! :happy:

Replies

• Alsison
    Alsison Posts: 626 Member
    Options
    Yay!! Good Challenge Coach!

I'll get the logging for sure and although I am not ready for jumping jacks or squats yet, I can do the crunches and plank....:smile::smile: :smile:

Go Team Jillian!!!

Cheers,
    Alison
  • LeighAnnaMS
    Options
    Thanks Alison, I found the circuit on Pinterest :heart: !! Please modify it, I do not want anyone hurting themselves!! :smile: I love your positive attitude! You are a trooper!!!
  • edean8085
    Options
    I really got lazy on my journal and choices last week and weekend. It showed at weigh in. I have a problem of once something enters my mind I think I have to eat it and I eat because I am bored too. If i am not busy at work I want to get a snack. I am going to try to keep some gum in my desk and when I get that feeling i can chew a piece of gum that wont kill my calories for the day but will give me that something sweet that I want. i think I can do this circuit at home with the little time I have everyday! Thanks for sharing it! I hope this week I can make up for my gain!
  • LeighAnnaMS
    Options
    I really got lazy on my journal and choices last week and weekend. It showed at weigh in. I have a problem of once something enters my mind I think I have to eat it and I eat because I am bored too. If i am not busy at work I want to get a snack. I am going to try to keep some gum in my desk and when I get that feeling i can chew a piece of gum that wont kill my calories for the day but will give me that something sweet that I want. i think I can do this circuit at home with the little time I have everyday! Thanks for sharing it! I hope this week I can make up for my gain!

Thanks for your honesty, I really hope this challenge helps you! The gum is a really great idea. Also, I try to bring a fruit to work with me, for the mid-afternoon slump! When I am tired and want something sweet I can have that. I hope that helps! Make sure you log in daily and let us know how your journaling and workouts are going :happy:
  • fitmom_pam1976
    fitmom_pam1976 Posts: 1,192 Member
    Options
    Great challenge Leigh Anna!!! I definately need to start logging everything in!!!! I start out great in the morning logging.....but by dinner time I stop logging!!! I may even try to plan ahead of time and log it ahead of time. Hope this helps :)

I will start the physical challenge tomorrow. Although I did do the squats, crunches and planks in my workout at the gym today! No jumping jacks today.

GOOOOO TEAM JILLIAN!!!!
  • fitstar2
    fitstar2 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Yes I am logging everyday and anyone can view my journal anytime on the home page!!!
    Thanks for the challenge!!!
  • mmcqueen927
    mmcqueen927 Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    1/22 I did all except, when I got to the plank, I could only hold for 10 seconds :laugh:. I hope by the end of this week's challenge, I will be able to hold for the entire 60 seconds.
  • LeighAnnaMS
    Options
    1/22 I did all except, when I got to the plank, I could only hold for 10 seconds :laugh:. I hope by the end of this week's challenge, I will be able to hold for the entire 60 seconds.

That is a GREAT goal, try for 5 seconds more and then if thats ok, do 5 more until you get to 60!!! I am so glad this is a challenge for you.
  • LeighAnnaMS
    Options
    Yes I am logging everyday and anyone can view my journal anytime on the home page!!!
    Thanks for the challenge!!!

:smile: Excellent!! Let us know how the physical challenge is going for you!!
  • LeighAnnaMS
    Options
    Great challenge Leigh Anna!!! I definately need to start logging everything in!!!! I start out great in the morning logging.....but by dinner time I stop logging!!! I may even try to plan ahead of time and log it ahead of time. Hope this helps :)

I will start the physical challenge tomorrow. Although I did do the squats, crunches and planks in my workout at the gym today! No jumping jacks today.

GOOOOO TEAM JILLIAN!!!!

Thanks Pam !! :D I am the same way, I hope this challenge helps both of us! I also made my journal public. I wasn't tracking anything before!! This way I feel more accountable to Team Jillian if everyone can see what I am consuming!

Good work at the gym today!!
  • whiskeyhut
    whiskeyhut Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    I did my first day of Jillian Michaels Get ripped in 30 and holy crap! It wasn't that it was uber hard but I HURT! Funny how I have muscles where I didn't know I had them :)
  • LeighAnnaMS
    Options
    I did my first day of Jillian Michaels Get ripped in 30 and holy crap! It wasn't that it was uber hard but I HURT! Funny how I have muscles where I didn't know I had them :)

Ohh! I want to try it! I have the Biggest Loser for Xbox and Kinect ... I hear ya on the muscles where you didnt know you had them comment!!!
  • IowaJen1979
    IowaJen1979 Posts: 406 Member
    Options
    I love this! I have been really good this month about tracking my food in my diary but I want to take advantage of the notes portion. I want to leave a little note about what prompted me to eat what I did, if I'm feeling good or bad that day, etc. So that is my challenge to myself. My diary is already public so feel free to read it and send suggestions! I definitely think it helps keep me accountable, especially when my MFP friends comment on something specific. I know people are actually reading it!

I love the circuit idea. I did Zumba last night and forgot about the circuit - whoops! But I don't have time to go to the gym today (Wednesdays and Fridays I don't go to the gym) so I'll definitely do the circuit tonight.

P.S. When I injured my neck a few years ago my physical therapist had me do the plank to strengthen my core. It's really good for cubicle/desk dwellers!
  • Hyder1
    Hyder1 Posts: 30
    Options
    I did the physical challenge today. I could only hold the plank for about 10 seconds at a time though. Hopefully I'll get better!
  • IowaJen1979
    IowaJen1979 Posts: 406 Member
    Options
    I did the physical challenge and failed miserably at the plank! I'll keep working at it.
  • mmcqueen927
    Options
    Sorry ladies, but I am glad to see that I am not the only one that can not do those darn planks for long. I only lasted 10 seconds too. I hope I can do the 60 seconds by the end of the challenge. Hang in there ladies!!!
  • ajrich1
    ajrich1 Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    Okay tried the jumping jacks, push ups, crunches, plank
    completed the jacks, got about 10 good push up, crunches completed
    plank only 15 sec.
    Plan to continue these exercises thru out the challenge and improve greatly '
  • LeighAnnaMS
    Options
    YAY! I am soo happy this is a good challenge for you guys!! I am very proud of all of you for putting the effort in to try this!

Since its a couple days into the week I want to change it up a bit and also add the daily logging of calorie burn, I hope more of our team members will participate and communicate on the thread!! We had a lot more communication last week from all our members, so lets track cal burns this week too and our daily results of the physical challenge!!!

:happy: C'mon team jillian!!! We can do this!!! :flowerforyou: :heart:
  • mmcqueen927
    Options
    1/24 I did the challenge, I actually held my plank for 18 seconds (YIPEEE) today, on my way to 60 seconds.:laugh:

1/24 burned 779 cal (Taebo and walked 3 miles)

My legs are killing me, but I did it!
  • mmcqueen927
    Options
    HELLO!!!!
    Where is Team Jillian?