Introduce Yourself

Options
krickan03
krickan03 Posts: 57 Member
Hey everyone leave a little note to introduce yourself to the rest of the group!

I'll start: I am Kristin. I am 26 years old and work as a physical therapist in a rural hospital in Iowa. I have always been "heavier" but over the past few years I have gained a lot of weight and now it is time to take it off. I need a little motivation for working out and would love to have stellar arms, and the best way I can think to get there is pushups!

Replies

• theparnellslisa
    theparnellslisa Posts: 390 Member
    Options
    Hi I'm Lisa, I am really looking forward to this challenge. I feel I will benefit greatly from the push ups daily. I have a twisted pelvis and bursitis in both hips with lower back pain. Needless to say I'm in a great deal of pain every day. I had some physical therapy for a period of time and was told that I have great weakness in my hips and need to strengthen the muscles. Exercise is very tricky with so many issues at the same time. The therapist described it as "there is a bunch of little kids and they are not getting along". What I have been able to do is swim and dance (zumba) or ride my bike. I have noticed some improvement in mobility (very painful to walk) over the last 3 weeks doing zumba but really needed another way to strengthen and tone my lower back and abdominal muscles and I believe this will help. I welcome any suggestions that you might have. Thank you and I wish the very best to all members who are BRAVE enough to join us in this challenge!!
  • shelli1982
    Options
    HI Ladies! I'm Michelle, 30, and due to as of yet undiagnosed joint pain, pretty much quit exercising last year and gained about 30 lbs. Want to lose about 60-70 from my "starting weight" this year, down about 9 so far. I'm from VT, i'm a Pharmacist which means standing for 10 to 12 hours a day. I take a kickboxing class and can never do more than 10 "real" push-ups before I have to resort to using my knees. Hoping by the end of this I will be able to keep up!! We can do it :)