Introduction

Options
doxeposse
doxeposse Posts: 17 Member
Hi all!

My name is Jessi and my screen name (doxeposse) comes from the fact that I have three minature dachshunds who are my posse! I was diagnosed with PCOS in 2010, after four long years of not knowing what was killing me. My symptoms ranged from utter exhaustion to neuropathy in my arms and legs, and IBS. From 2010 - 2011 I was put on metformin and my life changed. It took me approximately three months to find a brand of metformin that worked and didn't make me sick (finally settled on Zydus brand). In late 2011, I had my blood sugar under control and felt good, but my stomach was really bad. So I went off of the metformin and successfully controlled my symptoms with my diet.

However, this year my blood sugar began to fluctuate a lot, my weight began creeping up. I maintained a weight of 200 lbs...heavy yes, but I FELT good. My weight rose to 234...it's 229 now. So, I'm back on metformin, and so far I've had no stomach upset.

BTW, I'm looking for friends, advice, and fun. So add me if you want too!

Replies

• jenrod1118
    jenrod1118 Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    Welcome Jessi! I have 4 doxies myself :)
  • kld4239
    kld4239 Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    I'm always looking to support others with PCOS. It's a long and challenging road but with some hard work and dedication PCOS and and it's terrible symptoms can be beat.