just wondering...

Options
I was reading a book today about PCOS and it recommened vitamins to take that would help. Just wondering if anyone takes vitamins, which kind, and if you see a difference? In my book it recommends taking Vitamin D capsules, Cinnamon capsules, and magnesium capsules. Or if you take something else, please let me know and how it makes you feel better. Thank you sooo much for your input :)

Replies

• ms_jen21
    ms_jen21 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    I don't take anything, but that is interesting. I may have to ask my doctor!
  • Stevihatch1991
    Options
    well Im sure just a One a day Women's vitamin will definitely help, ive noticed that since Pcos causes my period to go so crazy, I don't have enough iron. So I haven't yet but I am going to get some iron supplements for sure. my Aunt who is endocrinologist, highly recommends taking daily vitamins.
  • melodymedlin
    melodymedlin Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    I've learned that most women with pcos have a low vitamin B count. I've been taking new ALIVE women's vitamin with energy support. $9.00 @ walmart. I can tell a huge differance! Just a thought but if this doesnt help your doc, can do blood work to check vitamins. :smile:
  • ms_jen21
    ms_jen21 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    I've learned that most women with pcos have a low vitamin B count. I've been taking new ALIVE women's vitamin with energy support. $9.00 @ walmart. I can tell a huge differance! Just a thought but if this doesnt help your doc, can do blood work to check vitamins. :smile:

I'm getting blood work done in 4 wks, think I can request they check them then? Or is that something they'd automatically do during blood work?
  • birdiephd77
    Options
    I just take a One a Day Women's vitamin. I also take 500mg of Magnesium a day to help with my migraines.
  • nekol88
    nekol88 Posts: 33
    Options
    Thanks everyone for your responses :) My doctor did take a blood test, but she never told me about the results...hmm. I'll definetly ask her, and give her a call tomorrow! Thanks again!
  • purplegoboom
    purplegoboom Posts: 400 Member
    Options
    I take the following:

GNC Women's Ultra Mega Multivitamin
    GNC Evening Primrose Oil
    GNC Liquid B Complex
    Milk Thistle
    Vitex
    Cinnamon with Chromium

I also rub a natural progesterone cream on myself daily. I've only been doing this for a week, so time will tell how beneficial it will be. I plan to post back in a month and let everyone know how it worked for me.
  • csqurred
    csqurred Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I take a daily multi pack from Costco that has:
    A regular multi vitamin
    Vitamin E
    Calcium
    GInseng Extract
    Vitamin C
    B-50 vitamins

I also bought something at Costco called Cinsulin which has cinnamon and Chromium which are two very good things to take for PCOS. I noticed losing weight at a more normal pace (1-2lbs a week) when I started taking these daily along with Metformin.

Hope that helps!
  • pland54
    pland54 Posts: 132
    Options
    I take OneSource Hair, Skin, & Nails vitamins (2 per day), and it has been like a miracle for my hair loss! It has lots of Biotin in it, among other things.
  • lucy529
    lucy529 Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    I was told by my drs nurse that it was ok to take a prenatal vitamin as am ttc and it would help so i take one every day
  • devore06
    Options
    I've been taking a daily multi vitamin, fish oil, B-complex vitamin, chromium + cinnamon...i can deffinatly tell my sugar cravings are more under control
  • melodymedlin
    melodymedlin Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    Yes I would defiantly bring up that you want levels checked when you go back to dr. She may have taken them last time and all was ok so she "forgot" to mention it. :) Good luck and God bless