Just wanted to say hi

Options
beccahel
beccahel Posts: 12 Member
Hi I'm Becca and I joined last week. Still just getting used to the site. I have about 40kg to lose, I think that's about 90lbs. I've been experiencing pain from a scar neuroma for about 11 years and initially put weight on after a series of steroid injections. On top of that the general inactivity didn't help. I have also been using sugar to compensate for the fatigue. All in all not good. But that is all going to change. This is the time when I shed the weight so that I don't experience further health problems later. I know it's not going to be easy and probably looking at two years to accomplish my goal but it will be worth it. Anyway thanks for reading and any support will be most welcome.

Replies

• AubGrace
    AubGrace Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hello. My name is Aubree, and I just joined last week as well. I'm 35yrs old with just about the same amount of weight to lose. I have lupus and have been on and off steroids since I was 18yrs old, so I understand about the weight gain related to that. That along with two children and desk jobs for the last fifteen years did not help. I've never been able to lose weight and keep it off on my own. I really like what this site has to offer. It takes the pressure off of trying to remember to do everything. Drinking enough water, exercising... I feel like it's teaching me, making everything a habit instead of something I have to force myself to do. I'm doing this for my family as well as myself. I have to worry about future health issues, too, and I want to be there for them.