Date last night, another tonight :)

Options
Moe4572
Moe4572 Posts: 1,430 Member
Had the 2nd date with "not from internet dating" guy last night. It was good---we went to dinner again, and talked for 3 hours-we laughed alot, and he opened up a bit more. But, again at the end of the date, no mention of getting together again, so I just figured we will be friends and that is that. But then, this morning, I got a text from him saying that he had a great time last night. So, who knows?

Then, tonight I have a first date -- this one is from internet dating. But it is different--he is from my home town, went to the same high school, and I graduated with his brother, and he played soccer with my cousin. He is very well known in town, and everyone who knos him claims that he is "such a nice guy" or "a really good guy".........so he has glowing reports from people that know him. And, he is 6'5", so major bonus points there :tongue:

Replies

• pa_jorg
    pa_jorg Posts: 4,404 Member
    Options
    Moe - Whatever happens with either guy, I think it's great that you seem to be on a roll right now! That's great for motivation and self-esteem if nothing else. And maybe you'll have more fun stories to tell soon :bigsmile:
  • oualum26
    oualum26 Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    When it rains it pours!

I agree that it totally helps in the confidence department. Good luck and many details tomorrow!
  • RunIntheMud
    RunIntheMud Posts: 2,645 Member
    Options
    Oh wow!!! Such awesome news!!! Congrats and good luck!!
  • Moe4572
    Options
    Feast or famine is the story of my life....there are these 2 guys, then another one that I have been talking to since beginning of December and he has never mentioned meeting--but he seems to be starting to head that way--not sure if I want anything with him more than a good friend. Then, there are 2 other guys I have been emailing with on 2 different dating sites (only on those 2), and not sure if they have even the potential to go anywhere.

All that said, the "local" guy tonight has the most potential......and is the most attentive for sure :tongue:
  • Jennifer2387
    Jennifer2387 Posts: 957 Member
    Options
    Woot woot! Get it girlfriend!!!!! I am so jealous!!!
  • disneywm76
    disneywm76 Posts: 573 Member
    Options
    Get it Moe!!! You are rocking it. And so very happy for you! :flowerforyou:
  • The_Iron
    The_Iron Posts: 288
    Options
    Play on playa'! :wink: :laugh:

I am 6' 7" btw. :bigsmile:
  • TheKitsune6
    TheKitsune6 Posts: 5,798 Member
    Options
    Play on playa'! :wink: :laugh:

I am 6' 7" btw. :bigsmile:

Mmmmm the last guy I dated was 6'7"

So yummy.

Too bad he was schizophrenic. :<
  • Moe4572
    Options
    6'7" ....very nice :noway:
  • Daisy_Cutter_
    Daisy_Cutter_ Posts: 386 Member
    Options
    Moe -- good luck tonight! He does sound nice, especially since you're from the same town.

Joshua... you tease!! :flowerforyou: :smooched:
  • pammbroo
    pammbroo Posts: 550 Member
    Options
    Definitely on a roll....you go girl! Have fun!
  • Moe4572
    Options
    So nice guy from same town---didn't work out so well. He was just a little.....odd. He was very nice and funny, but wants a relationship with no touching for 5 years............took 3 hr conversation to get that, but that is what it boils down to...........so he is out:noway:
  • pa_jorg
    Options
    He was very nice and funny, but wants a relationship with no touching for 5 years............

:huh: Is this a religious thing? And do you mind if i ask about how old he was?
  • flimflamfloz
    flimflamfloz Posts: 1,980 Member
    Options
    He was very nice and funny, but wants a relationship with no touching for 5 years............
    :huh: Is this a religious thing? And do you mind if i ask about how old he was?
    You're right. This makes sense only if he is 12 years old. :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • zachatta
    zachatta Posts: 1,340 Member
    Options
    So nice guy from same town---didn't work out so well. He was just a little.....odd. He was very nice and funny, but wants a relationship with no touching for 5 years............took 3 hr conversation to get that, but that is what it boils down to...........so he is out:noway:

Wow.

I don't even....

EDIT: I think we have found the first special snowflake.
  • jenbit
    jenbit Posts: 4,289 Member
    Options

Wow.

I don't even....

EDIT: I think we have found the first special snowflake.

lol ever.... Yeah run in the opposite direction...... Nothing physical at all:huh: Are you sure he isn't trying to use you as a beard ( expression when a guy acts straight by dating a women to hide the fact that he's gay) stick with door number 1 so far honey
  • Moe4572
    Options
    Nothing religious.....it was just weird.....he was all over me early in the evening--kissing me, and then proceeded to tell me he doesn't want to have sex til he marries (he already has a daughter, so not like he is "saving himself"). But I was like, okay, waiting is okay--but I said "well, I am not the type to marry in 3 or 4 mos" and he said "no, more like 5 years". Then the part of no touching, kissing, etc was brought up, and I honestly thought he was kidding for awhile, because we had already kissed---so ODD.

In hindsight, I wonder if he made this up as a way to "weed me out" so didn't have to poof, or say he was not interested, but still be "rid" of me for lack of a better term. Strange way to do it, but you never know---some strange ones out there
  • pa_jorg
    Options
    Nothing religious.....it was just weird.....he was all over me early in the evening--kissing me, and then proceeded to tell me he doesn't want to have sex til he marries (he already has a daughter, so not like he is "saving himself"). But I was like, okay, waiting is okay--but I said "well, I am not the type to marry in 3 or 4 mos" and he said "no, more like 5 years". Then the part of no touching, kissing, etc was brought up, and I honestly thought he was kidding for awhile, because we had already kissed---so ODD.

In hindsight, I wonder if he made this up as a way to "weed me out" so didn't have to poof, or say he was not interested, but still be "rid" of me for lack of a better term. Strange way to do it, but you never know---some strange ones out there

Hmmm, that's odd... NEXT!
  • AnnaPixie
    AnnaPixie Posts: 7,439 Member
    Options
    Jeez Moe, 5 YEARS!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :noway: :noway: :noway: :noway: :noway: :noway: :noway: :noway: :noway: :noway:

I think perhaps he was a nutter!! Run, and dont look back :flowerforyou:
  • kimad
    kimad Posts: 3,010 Member
    Options
    Feast or famine is the story of my life

I know this!!
    Good luck and enjoy!!!

My kid's dad is 6'7'', I love me a tall man ;)

If nothing else, you get some great practice :):):)