Anyone Heard of IVM?

Options
Caryn03
Caryn03 Posts: 62 Member
Hey Gals,

Just wondering if anyone has ever heard of IVM or has ever done it? It's a form of IVF, however it's a little different. Since we have gone about 4 rounds with Clomid, Trigger Shot, and an IUI my doc suggested a more aggressive approach to the IUI. But then he also mentioned that they were doing a IVM study and asked if that would be something I would be interested in.

Just wondering if anyone has heard of it or done it themselves.

I did some research on it. IVM is supposed to be a less expensive way then IVF. Also, they are using less drugs. This is because as your follicle begins to develope into a mature follicle, they will go in and take the immature follicles. And they will work on developing and then fertilize them with the hubby's stuff and then once that was successfully done they will put one back in. It's like an IVF but, instead of pulling out mature follicles they pull immature ones.

Hope your all doing well and lots of baby dust to you all!

Replies

• ShannonJohnson
    ShannonJohnson Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    Bump

We will be trying IVF again this spring unless we get a miracle in the next few months. I'd be interested to hear if others have heard about this and have more info on it.
  • Caryn03
    Options
    Well, I meet with the nurse on Friday, so I will let you know what kind of information I receive about this and be sure to share. We plan to be part of the study. This IVM method has only been around since 2008. And it gives you a better percentage then an IUI, and less then an IVF... so it falls inbetween. But I will let you know.
  • Caryn03
    Options
    Hi All,

So I wanted to give anyone an update of who is interested in IVM or has heard of it. IVM is supposed to be a less expensive then the IVF. I know more about it now because we did move forward and are currently in the process of doing the IVM. We are at the stage now where we are preparing my body for the transfer. It is scheduled for the end of the month.

Anyways, I'm hoping that in early May we will have some good news. If your interested in what this is or any questions about it let me know. I'm more then happy to share.

Happy Friday Everyone!!!