Intro

Options
MissDefinate
MissDefinate Posts: 110 Member
Hello, I am a mom of 3 and I am looking to find myself and lose 70 lbs.

Replies

• Niharika_sri
    Niharika_sri Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    Hi I m a 20year old student.. Looking forward to lose 81 pounds out of which I have lost 5!
  • MissDefinate
    Options
    Kudos to you.I am also familiar with going to school and trying to stay healthy. I have a MS in Education. We will do this together.
  • amandabateman411
    Options
    I am a mother of 4 and a full time student. I am hoping to lose 60lbs. I had a c section 3 1/2 weeks ago so I am limited to only dieting right now, but plan to workout as soon as I am allowed.
  • mfclingan
    mfclingan Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm MaryFran. I'm 40 years old (yikes) and not kids. (do the 5 cats count). I at my highest was 315 pounds...lost down to where my doctor wanted me to be 180 pounds. Then life got the best of me and I regained. GRRR I'm no looking at re-losing 65 more pounds!
  • Shanni827
    Shanni827 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    Hello I'm a mom of 5 and looking to lose 37.7 lbs. I have a pacemaker so I have to be careful with my workouts.
  • MissDefinate
    Options
    Welcome, it is nice to meet you! I am glad to have you! Make sure that you follow the doctor's advice. :happy: What type of workouts do you do and how much?
  • MissDefinate
    Options
    Well, congrats to you for your success and your desire for re-dedication to yourself. You know you can do it and I look forward to hearing about how you did it! Please feel free and visit my website: www.beautyilisciouschallenge.webs.com
  • MissDefinate
    Options
    Ouch, well, congrats on your new addition and I am very familiar with a c-section. Be very careful and don't rush into extreme activities. I ended up in the hospital with pneumonia after my c-section. Uggh. Let me know what you can and cannot do, so we can make sure you are within your limits.
  • Shanni827
    Shanni827 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    I do most of my workouts on the treadmill, keeping a close eye on my heart rate. I use a steady 3.5 spd and alternate the incline going no lower than 4% and usually stay close to 10% incline. I also do exercises like squats, lunges and crunches.
  • MissDefinate
    Options
    Shanni, that is good that you have a consistent routine! Do you plan on changing some stuff up, because your body will get used to this and may cause a plateau! Maybe add weights or reverse the order of how you do it!
  • btranblb
    Options
    My name's Brittany. I'm 23 and work full time, no kids (just a puppy named Silas!), and I'm, hopefully, gonna get back in school this August to finish my final year of nursing school. I have a desk job and lets just say my weight went through the roof before I even realized it! Well, when I had my latest doctors appointment I was put on the scale and saw that the increase in weight was substantial and I was not okay with it. So me and my roomate decided to make a lifestyle change and eliminate fast food, highly processed foods, sodas, and junk food. We are adding more veggies, juicing (fresh veggies and fruits), and most importantly we're exercising almost daily! I'm pretty good at logging all my activites (food, workouts, and weight), if I forget then I just update it the next day. I'm not good at sticking with diets, but being at my highest weight ever I am more determined than ever! I'm also new to MFP, so any tips are welcomed. I think I've figured it out for the most part but I'm still learning! xoxo
  • alt4598
    Options
    I'm 23, and just finished my Masters... now starting a new job in a few weeks' time! This is unfortunately the second time I am losing this weight (maintenance is where the true issue lies... I learned the hard way, guys). Looking to lose 47lbs!
  • MissDefinate
    Options
    Hello, and welcome to the beautyiliscious challenge. I see that you have a plan and you are attacking it! I am new here as well. For you to be successful you have to commit and you must know that you can do it! Stay on this site and share your thoughts with us so we can be of help. Make time for you to eat right and work out just like making time for school! Did you visit my website www.bootyilisciouschallenge.webs.com. Please go there and become a member! This is a great way for me to keep up with data! Thanks and Good Luck!

-Miss Definate
  • MissDefinate
    Options
    Wow, Showtime, 23 with a Master's ! Congrats! I too have a Master's and it was rough! I know first hand at how school and balancing life can assist in weight gain. You are on the right track because you are here! What is your weight-loss plan?