Support from those who understand!

Options
I am so pleased to find this group. It seems most people don't understand when you are trying to loose weight and you don't keep up a rigorous exercise program. It is nice to have support of those that know our particular issues. It is NOT an issue of laziness or "just getting over it".

Replies

• Darlene4prayers
    Darlene4prayers Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    I know what you mean, I joined a mini challenge to go up and down the stairs 5 times every hour. I used my basement stairs doing it 5 times every hour and I had to stop on the sixth hour. I could hardly walk for 3 days and was not able to do my walking at home dvds for a week. I'm going to try on Monday so hopefully all goes well. I have 2 bad disks in my neck, sciatic nerve and asthma so I have to modify all exercises to what my body can do.
  • froglady7311
    Options
    I worked with a trainer after back surgery 7 yrs ago and I bulked up and felt awful. My fibro condition worsened and I ended up on a walker and couldn't get out of bed by myself. I have recently learned that even most professionals don't know how to handle chronic pain suffers. Thankfully I have good friends (with the same condition) that have lent support and I am feeling the best I have in 5 yrs.
  • officegirl27
    officegirl27 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I am so pleased to find this group. It seems most people don't understand when you are trying to loose weight and you don't keep up a rigorous exercise program. It is nice to have support of those that know our particular issues. It is NOT an issue of laziness or "just getting over it".
    [/quote]
    I know how you feel this has been really hard being my back is so bad! Feel free to add me if you would like!
  • Tall_E
    Tall_E Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    i walk 30 minutes most days for exercise because I can usually do that and not have too much payback later. But I can also go for days where that is not possible because of my pain and fatigue levels. I long to exercise more and know on good days that I can try but have to watch that I don't wipe myself out for later. Feel free to add me as a friend if you like.