Lunch?

Options
Qfrump
Qfrump Posts: 64 Member
Hello, ladies! I am new to the group. I was diagnosed earlier this month with PCOS and am TTC. I am currently a healthy weight (BMI 20.1), but also have risk of diabetes/insulin resistance from BOTH parents. Yikes! I work from home, and struggle with what to eat for lunch. After tracking my food for a couple of weeks, I found that I am consistently over on carbs. Do you have any go-to lunches? I had a salad today, but can't force myself to do it everyday. The Chickfila drive thru is sooo tempting. I was thinking making a big vat of turkey chili and freezing it? Any advice?

Replies

• michellevt725
    michellevt725 Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    This time of year on Sundays I make up a batch of weight watcher's 0 point soup (veggie stock, cabbage, zuchini, mushrooms, green beans with spices) and a bunch of shrimp. I end up eating a cup of the soup and 3-4oz of the shrimp (or chicken, ham if I have extra left over from dinner the night before) and a string cheese. In the summer I was doing a salad with some sort of protein again chicken or whatever leftover from night before, sometimes some deli meat if we had it or a can of tuna mixed with a little light miracle whip. My boss picks on me because I eat the same thing every day but it's easy and warm when it's cold outside.
  • aegarvey
    aegarvey Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I'm a huge fan of making a big pot of soup and having it for lunch all week. It's easy, filling, and even the ones that are a little heavier aren't usually too bad for you, considering how much of it is water.