Drop outs

Options
We have a great group going here. We are three weeks into our plans from New Years and I am happy to report with almost 400 members there are only 20 or so in the group who have not logged in for more than 10 days. Not too shabby.

Don't be one of those people who makes a New Years resolution and drops it in the first month...this is a long journey....if you slip a day or a week even get right back at it. Don't cheat yourself.

You were given only 1 body in this life and no money in the world can buy you a new one so treat it right. Don't quit! We are all worth it.

Replies

• lkenn67
    lkenn67 Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the encouragement. I have been struggling the last week, but I am not giving up. I'm still heading towards my goal.
  • RoseyK
    RoseyK Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    I had a rough week last week also. I am committed to making this change and being the healthiest I can be.
  • Daysednconfused
    Daysednconfused Posts: 975 Member
    Options
    I've dropped out a couple of times since I started on MFP due to severe depression taking hold. I am doing everything in my power not to let that happen again! I feel so much better when I workout and make good food choices! I'm so glad I came back!! Don't know where I'd be if not for MFP! For me, it's a life and sanity saver!
  • izenzo
    izenzo Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    I have added joining a group this time to get through this final third of my journey. I like the motivation that being part of a group offers.
  • jc1231
    jc1231 Posts: 67
    Options
    I needed that this morning! Thank you! While I have still logged in each day, the past few days have been rough and I have not been as religious about logging. I need to change that and might as well get back to it today. Thanks again!
  • amandammmq
    amandammmq Posts: 394 Member
    Options
    My approach has been a little different - I've sort of been psyching myself up since 1/1/13, and finally started logging and exercising in earnest yesterday! :bigsmile: :blushing:

I've been crunching numbers, making plans, and I think I can make it halfway to goal by the end of June... slow and steady is the plan.

Thanks for creating this post... I hope that those who haven't logged in for a while manage to see it, so that they can re-commit to their goals.
  • tiawna
    tiawna Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    Thanks so much for the encouragement. It's been a terrible week. I've been sick, not eating good and not exercising. I'm ready to get back to it!
  • fritoslave
    Options
    Great pep talk. I needed that!! :wink:
    12774 Posts: 1,416 Member
    Options
    I can imagine that it might be difficult for some people to log everyday as this might not be their #1 priority.Taking care of the family,commuting, going to school and lots of other daily chores can be very taxing for some individuals. I am fortunate enough to be at home so I plan my meal ahead of time,login as much as possible the night before and then make the necessary adjustments .Have logged in 160 days out of 161 so far.
  • Anmariee
    Anmariee Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Glad I read this post... I log into MFP daily I just wasn't doing so with the group. I make a commitment to do better. Blessing to all of you :)