Just Came Back From a Nutrition Seminar

Options
A lot of the info was basic stuff that we all already know about so I won't post that stuff...but here are a few tips that I learned and didn't already know:

Don't drink with your meal...it makes you full while eating so you can't gage whether you've had enough real nutrients....Instead you should drink a glass of water 20 minutes before and 20 minutes after your meal.

Don't count tea/coffee/juice etc when you are counting how many glasses of water you are drinking. Only count the pure water.

The amount of water you should be drinking depends on your body. Basically take your weight in pounds and divide by 2 and that is the number of ounces you should drink a day.

Great Fat Killers: Kale, spinach, alfalfa sprouts, beans and turmeric
Great Anti-Oxidants - Greens, Blueberries, Tomatos, Seeds
Great Disease Killers - Mushrooms, Onion, Garlic, Berries.

Try to add some of these to your diet every week.

Have a great Wednesday!!!

Replies

• inspirem
    inspirem Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    A lot of the info was basic stuff that we all already know about so I won't post that stuff...but here are a few tips that I learned and didn't already know:

Don't drink with your meal...it makes you full while eating so you can't gage whether you've had enough real nutrients....Instead you should drink a glass of water 20 minutes before and 20 minutes after your meal.

Don't count tea/coffee/juice etc when you are counting how many glasses of water you are drinking. Only count the pure water.

The amount of water you should be drinking depends on your body. Basically take your weight in pounds and divide by 2 and that is the number of ounces you should drink a day.

Great Fat Killers: Kale, spinach, alfalfa sprouts, beans and turmeric
    Great Anti-Oxidants - Greens, Blueberries, Tomatos, Seeds
    Great Disease Killers - Mushrooms, Onion, Garlic, Berries.

Try to add some of these to your diet every week.

Have a great Wednesday!!!

Thanks for the info... Good reminder for me to make sure I eat more fruits and veggies!
  • wasmws1138
    Options
    This is all great information. Thanks for sharing it. :smile:
  • izenzo
    izenzo Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Great info...I'm right on track with what I am putting in my Nutri-Bullet :smile: Got those fat killers in there!
  • doin_it
    doin_it Posts: 414 Member
    Options
    Awesome..thanks for sharing!
  • dellmech
    dellmech Posts: 113
    Options
    I was hoping you were going to list chocolate, pizza, and french fries under "Great Fat Killers"
  • karebear22776
    karebear22776 Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    I was hoping you were going to list chocolate, pizza, and french fries under "Great Fat Killers"

nice try! i wish.
  • jacksprat
    jacksprat Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    My son is doing a wonderful job of helping me with my challenge and he prepared a bean salad that I am eating with my lunch. It is great. It has kidney beans, white beans, onions, tomato and green pepper. it taste like there might be wine in it also. It is really good.

thanks for the tips,
  • WestCoastMom
    WestCoastMom Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Interesting, thanks!
  • DterMined2012
    DterMined2012 Posts: 600 Member
    Options
    LOL
  • DterMined2012
    DterMined2012 Posts: 600 Member
    Options
    Great tips....thanks for sharing:happy: