Color Run 2013!! Ypsilanti- May 11th

Options
NikLeighB
NikLeighB Posts: 12 Member
Anyone interested in doing the color run this year? Early registration is $40, the price goes up to $45 February 1st and $50 April 1st. Those are the prices if you are joining as a solo runner. If you register as teams (4+ people) then the prices are $35 for early registration, $40 February 1st and $45 April 1st. I missed this last year but am really wanting to do it this year.

Replies

• knjitters
    knjitters Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    I have always wanted to.. im just not sure I can! :-) ive never ran a day in my life!
  • courtneymal17
    courtneymal17 Posts: 672 Member
    Options
    I have always wanted to.. im just not sure I can! :-) ive never ran a day in my life!

Do it!!! A LOT of people walk all or most of it..plus there's time to get running and make it a goal!! I've hated running my whole life, but last year I started with Couch to 5k about this time and ran my first 5k (well ran & walked) in March, ran a 4 miler in April, Ran an obstacle one in June and did the Color Run in Columbus in July. Overall I did 8 races last year and i'm STILL a terrible runner...I'm slow and it takes a lot of effort....but guess what? ITS SO FUN!!! Races in general are awesome, but The Color Run is BY FAR my favorite race ever. I'm already registered to run in Columbus this year, but I'll either run or volunteer for the Ypsi one as well. It's SO FUN. Just sign up if you want to...use it as a goal, and at the last resort walk it! Get some friends to do it with you, believe me it FLIES by! It's ridiculously fun!
  • courtneymal17
    Options
    Anyone interested in doing the color run this year? Early registration is $40, the price goes up to $45 February 1st and $50 April 1st. Those are the prices if you are joining as a solo runner. If you register as teams (4+ people) then the prices are $35 for early registration, $40 February 1st and $45 April 1st. I missed this last year but am really wanting to do it this year.

Did you make a team or are you on one? I'm not positive i'll be doing the Ypsi one (I may volunteer for it and throw color haha!) but if i run $5 off is awesome haha.
  • NikLeighB
    Options
    I have not registered yet. I won't have the money until the middle of the month and trying to check around to see if there is enough interest to start a team so everyone can save money on the registration.
  • NikLeighB
    Options

I have not run more than a 1/4 of a mile straight .. I am planning on doing C25k though and like what was suggested.. if all else fails.. I can walk. and walking or running.. either way it will be a lot of fun and good cardio. You should do it!
  • courtneymal17
    Options
    I don't really want to pay for it twice lol...but I may do it....i have a few friends that are int'd and i'm sure if you (or i) made a team we can get enough people....teams basically mean nothing but you get $5 off, you dont have to run or be with them what so ever. So if you do make one, let me know! I'm kinda leaning towards volunteering and hopefully getting to throw stuff on people though lol
  • Shane37301
    Shane37301 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I found the active.com registration page:
    http://www.active.com/5k-race/ypsilanti-mi/the-color-run-michigan-eastside-2013?int=29-12

The Event's Website:
    http://thecolorrun.com/eastern-michigan/

I'm not sure about doing events in general. I hate crowds because I tend to get claustrophobic.
  • knjitters
    knjitters Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    OK ... I will do it.. guess i need to give up my elliptical and go to the treadmill! lol :-) I think I never ran cause I was raised by a cross country mother who grew up on scholorships - then coaching - and personal training for cross country.. every day after school for like 10 years i was on the track with her. lol
  • kd_mazur
    kd_mazur Posts: 569 Member
    Options
    I did it last year. It was my first official 5k. It was so much fun and I was really glad I did it. As some above have mentioned there were lots of walkers and even kiddos in the pack so don't worry about being last or needing to walk some (or all) of the course. I am already signed up for this May. I hope to see you all there:)
  • squirrelythegreat
    squirrelythegreat Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    Sounds like a great way to spend my birthday! I'd be game.
  • courtneymal17
    Options
    I'm not sure about doing events in general. I hate crowds because I tend to get claustrophobic.

I HATE to say it, because it's my favorite race ever and I enjoyed it so much, but if you're claustrophobic you probably won't want to do it......the one I did last year had a LOT of points where you were pretty crammed in....both the start and finish (and the finish party is so fun!)....and all of the color stations were pretty backed up.

I'm like 95% sure that I'll do it...it's just so fun haha....anyone else decide or sign up? I'll know more for sure in the next week or two, so fi no one else has I'll make a team. Teams are pretty much sign up only....you sign up under the team name and you save $5,....and don't have to be with your team at all (but it'd be fun to have a MFP meet up if we all do it!)
  • madhousenmich
    madhousenmich Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    I doing it, this will be my first 5K
  • T1mH
    T1mH Posts: 568 Member
    Options
    Signing up and paying for a race gives you a goal to be ready to run a 5k by. There is no better motivation to get started training than to have a date you have to be ready by.
  • starringrole
    Options
    I haven't signed up yet, but I'm definitely doing this. It will be my first 5k and I'm excited!
  • courtneymal17
    Options
    Signing up and paying for a race gives you a goal to be ready to run a 5k by. There is no better motivation to get started training than to have a date you have to be ready by.

Yes!! Totally agree...I started last year with the goal of doing a 5k by November....and by that time I'd done 8 races! It's awesome to have a goal, and seriously races are SO much fun...they get you so pumped up for fitness haha...ESPECIALLY the Color run....it's sooooooo fun! And a total Non-pressure...no timing...and a massive amount of people just stroll along...not even power walk lol
  • courtneymal17
    Options
    Hey Guys...If any of you are going to run it and havent signed up: The price goes up by $5 tomorrow...so sign up tonight! Also..if you sign up as a member of a team you save $5...you don't have to have any other interaction with your team, you just sign up together and all save the $5, SO...if any of you want to join, I created a team for MFP, creatively named "Team MFP"...When you sign up you just 'join a team' and search for Team MFP. If you guys want to have a meet up or something before or after we can certainly do that too, but lets at least save each other some money :)
  • teamya
    teamya Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I doing it, this will be my first 5K

Yes, same for me here. Have a good one~
  • teamya
    teamya Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Hey Guys...If any of you are going to run it and havent signed up: The price goes up by $5 tomorrow...so sign up tonight! Also..if you sign up as a member of a team you save $5...you don't have to have any other interaction with your team, you just sign up together and all save the $5, SO...if any of you want to join, I created a team for MFP, creatively named "Team MFP"...When you sign up you just 'join a team' and search for Team MFP. If you guys want to have a meet up or something before or after we can certainly do that too, but lets at least save each other some money :)

Hi, I registered as a team from "Meet up Michigan Adventures club" and use:
    Team Name: MAC (Suzuki)
    Password: MAC2013
    More info here: http://www.meetup.com/MI-adventurers/events/101727472
  • madhousenmich
    madhousenmich Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    this Yspilanti race is sold out, if someone old like to do this race I have 2 registrations I can transfer to someone if you want to do this race. Message me if your interested.

Renee
  • starringrole
    Options
    I have a transfer available for Ypsi! I'm doing the one in Lansing instead. Message me if you're interested :)