Intro!

Options

Replies

• andrea464
    andrea464 Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    YAY! I'm so excited to see so many people here!!!
  • Startraveller
    Options
    Congratulations! I know the feeling about the tight seats! Went there for the first time when I was about 50 pounds heavier than now and it was not comfortable! You will have a much better time with all the weight loss.
  • andrea9873
    andrea9873 Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    Hi Everyone...Husband and I are taking our nephew and our best friends and their kids, this November 2012! This will be their first Disney trip and our...lost count? :bigsmile:

Anyway my amazing husband is signed up for the 5K and I'm on the fence about running the Wine and Dine Half Marathon...I may end up just running the 5K with my husband since running at night after a long day in the park just doesn't sound fun right now.
  • andrea464
    Options
    Hi all!! my name is shannon...my fiance and I are returning to Disney World in September for our wedding. We are getting married at the Swan and Dolphin and doing a land and sea package with Disney Cruise Lines/Disney World for our honeymoon :) Trying to lose weight for those and the long haul after!

Congrats on the wedding!
  • andrea464
    Options
    Lots of summer and November trips!
  • amynbrian00
    amynbrian00 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi Everyone! We are headed to Disney Sept 22-28, staying at the new Art of Animation. Started off as a family trip, just the 4 of us, and now my whole side of the family is going - 13 people! I want to lose about 20-25 lbs by our trip. Right now I am back to my heaviest(except when I was pregnant) and to the point where I hate everything I put on. I finally realized that it's not the clothes, it's my body!!! I am sure we will be taking lots of pictures on this big family trip & I want to look at them & like what I see.
  • fancycupcake
    fancycupcake Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    My mother has had weight issues since she had my brother and I twenty-six years ago. Growing up I've always seen her dieting and making goals to lose weight before trips to Disney (we've been to Disney World twice and Disneyland three times), and this past year was no different. We had our Disney trip for January 2012 planned a year and a half in advance, and every month we'd say "We have to start walking, we have to stop eating ice cream, we are getting closer to our trip!" and we'd always start next month, or the month after that....Well, when we went to Disney World this year it was no different...we hadn't lost a single pound (in fact I had gained 15) and it shows in our photos. We took 900 photos between the two of us during our trip, and every time we look at them we are just disgusted.

I've been with my boyfriend for two years, and he has never been to Disneyland or Disney World. I plan on taking him in two or three years, when we are out of college and have steady incomes. Of course, I can't go to Disney without my mother, so she'll be with us as well. I know it's a long way off, but so are both of our goal weights. I've got more immediate reasons to lose weight, of course (going to Cape Cod in a month, don't own a bathing suit, etc.), but Disney is a big, big motivator for me. I'm sick of the fat photos! I'm sick of the thigh chafing and having to wear pants or capris just to prevent it! I hate the lovehandles popping out while getting on and off rides! And I just want to eat a Mickey Ice Cream without feeling everyone around me is judging the fatty for eating it! And wouldn't it be something if I could find some souvenir clothing that wasn't a 2x? Some of the shirts I found and fell in love with didn't even come in my size! Very discouraging.

My boyfriend and I went to Universal Studios last year and he had trouble fitting on some of the rides. I don't think he's that big - there are much, much bigger men out there! - but I could tell how upset it made him, and it affected me. I don't want him to worry about that at all by the time he gets to experience Disney.

I think that's all the things!
  • DisneyAddictRW
    DisneyAddictRW Posts: 800 Member
    Options
    We'll be at Disney World July 11th to 16th for conference and a few extra days of fun. We'll also be at the Tower of Terror 10miler the end of September but that will be a quick trip! Our family trip is planned nov 29th to Dec 7th. Can't wait to lose some weight so I'll be happy to let others take pictures on these trips!
  • ransgirl
    ransgirl Posts: 1
    Options
    We are going at the same exact time as you Andrea!!! I have started my second 5k No Boundaries training and Atkins at the same time. I think I need to go back to low fat for a bit because I am missing a lot of the things I need to keep my run intervals (like potatssium for leg cramps). Would like to be down another 15 lbs or so before we leave in 80 days!!!
  • Tenajberry
    Tenajberry Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone!

My name is Janet and I'm happy to be part of this group of Disney lovin' people!

I have been larger than I like since I was a teenager. I've never really stuck with anything for very long when it comes to weight loss and keeping fit. I am thinking about joining a gym (no monthly fees though, thank you) so I can start making some long lasting changes.

Walking for my upcoming Disney trips seems to be a dual purpose idea. I mean, you walk like close to 10 miles in a day at the parks. I want to be able to walk that way and then not pay the next day for once.

Thanks for having this group!
  • StilleNacht
    Options
    Going in October. :)
    I'm going to celebrate a birthday and my weight loss. (only 15 pounds so far, but hey!)
    I'm so excited to be back in the magic! Also, I plan on walking/running my butt off so I can enjoy my favorite restaurants.
  • Startraveller
    Options
    Hi all,
    Leaving in five days for Disney and Universal (have two Harry Potter fanatics in the house). Will be our third trip and we are really looking forward to it. I had posted an original goal of 34 pounds of weight loss but that has not happened. I have been yoyoing up and down for the past three months - am down net 2 pounds but its not enough to post. Going to try to do a lot of walking and water drinking but will have to stay away as much as possible from some of the treats.

What I'm finding most amazing is all of the other people who like my family and I, are crazy for Disney! Good luck to you all on your weight loss journey and have a great time on your trips!:happy:
  • andrea464
    Options
    We are going at the same exact time as you Andrea!!! I have started my second 5k No Boundaries training and Atkins at the same time. I think I need to go back to low fat for a bit because I am missing a lot of the things I need to keep my run intervals (like potatssium for leg cramps). Would like to be down another 15 lbs or so before we leave in 80 days!!!

Is that it, 80 days? EEK!
  • andrea464
    Options
    Hi all,
    Leaving in five days for Disney and Universal (have two Harry Potter fanatics in the house). Will be our third trip and we are really looking forward to it. I had posted an original goal of 34 pounds of weight loss but that has not happened. I have been yoyoing up and down for the past three months - am down net 2 pounds but its not enough to post. Going to try to do a lot of walking and water drinking but will have to stay away as much as possible from some of the treats.

What I'm finding most amazing is all of the other people who like my family and I, are crazy for Disney! Good luck to you all on your weight loss journey and have a great time on your trips!:happy:
    Have a blast! I can't wait to do Universal, but I know I need to get some weight off before I do that. I love rides (DH doesn't), so I want to be able to fit into the snug ride seats!
  • andrea9873
    andrea9873 Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    I'm cleaning up the groups I belong to since no one else has posted here in months...I'm signing out from this group.
    I do wish you all wonderful and memorable Disney vacations as well as a life of health and fitness! Take care! :flowerforyou:
  • reddythompson
    Options
    Hi I'm new here - anyone still around??
    I got a trip planned for June - can't wait
    but like others have said - pictures, pictures & more pics
    I'm scrapbooker so I take lots (last trip for 8 days - over 5,000)
  • ShepherdGal
    Options
    Hi -- I'm new, too. Seems like this group isn't the most active, in terms of posts. I'll probably stay for a while, anyway, just in case. How great that you're planning ahead to get a bit healthier before you go. I'm not going until later in the year, but have a lot of work to do (it's an ongoing process. I've lost 100 pounds and kept it off, now trying to lose another 20). Taking care of yourself, eating right, sleeping and exercising made such a big difference to my last trip that I'm committed to preparing ahead for the next! What are you most looking forward to doing? I find that motivating, reminding myself of what I'm looking forward to doing, picturing myself doing it and enjoying it.
  • nikongirl29
    nikongirl29 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    We are going to Disney World in May - it will be my husband and my 5 year old's first time - I want to look good in pictures and to be able to walk all day without getting winded or feeling like I am the one "holding everyone up" - also to be able to slip into any ride I want and not worry about fitting!
  • Nikki_7680
    Options
    Hi everyone! We are going to Disney in September 2013 staying at WL. We are very excited! My goal is to lose enough weight to wear shorts and tank tops and possibly a few sundresses! I am so tired of looking frumpy in all my Disney pics! This will be our 6th trip and each time I hate my pictures to the point that I started to not take as many because I didn't want to "ruin" the ones my kids were in.
  • joy4824
    joy4824 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    I am headed back to California to visit family and friends at the beginning of September of this year. I used to live there so I have been to Disneyland many times. But this time I want to healthier so I can enjoy the day more; I don't want to get winded having to walk around all day. And I plan on taking tons of pictures, with my skinny self, with as many characters as I can. This time it will be different and I am taking control of my health and my life.