Norwich park run

Options
Does anybody do the norwich park run or even the gorleston run. I wanna try one in a few weeks when my fitness is up a bit more, but i don't want to turn up to the park and there's no-one else in sight. I wouldn't mind running on my own but i'm looking for like minded people to run with.

Replies

• vixmonsta
    vixmonsta Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Hey i just started the Hull Park run - it's daunting but they're all friendly and the marshalls and volunteers all cheer you on as you go by...
    i did it in 41 minutes - not speedy at all - but i wasn't last either......

hope you find a buddy to meet up with and Good luck!
    remember to get your bar-code printed off - you need it after you cross the finish line :-)

Vix
  • kitsuneandy
    Options
    I don't, I'm not allowed to put impact on my left knee, so running is out.

However, I do know a few people who regularly do the Norwich park run. Think there's generally quite a few people there.
  • LeonnieH
    LeonnieH Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    Don't be frightened to turn up, Parkruns are usually busy and full of lovely, friendly, welcoming people. I regularly do Parkrun (either running or volunteering) but not the one in Norwich :)
  • aaronlinford
    Options
    Thanks for the replies,
    Im a treadmill jogger at the minute im doing 10 minute miles.
    The park runs seem really good.
    Sorted, couple more weeks and im going for it.
    Once done i'll post how i do.
  • LeonnieH
    LeonnieH Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    That's plenty fast enough, you can walk parts of the course too if your fitness isn't quite there yet - plenty of people walk/jog it. Have fun, I'm sure you'll enjoy it and don't forget to let us know how it goes :) I'm running my local Parkrun this Saturday, hopefully the snow and ice will have melted enough to make it safe.
  • smiffy645
    smiffy645 Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    Looking at the results there were 400 runners last time, you will have plenty of company!:

http://www.parkrun.org.uk/norwich/results/latestresults/