Running soundtrack

Options
Hello guys,

what do you want to listen when you´re running? Does it makes any difference on your performance or not?

When I run without music I think I don´t feel motivated or concentrated enough. What do u think?

Replies

• lacurandera1
    lacurandera1 Posts: 8,083 Member
    Options
    I really like running with music, it seems to give me some extra oomph. I don't have a style preference. I have found though, that I have a harder time regulating my breathing when I listen to music. . weird.
  • Diannelise
    Options
    I find running with music also motivational, especially when listening to upbeat positive tunes. Nothing too vocal, but I find trance and electronic music my fav for helping me maintain my focus on form, pace, and breathing. Listening to Kaskade's Fire and Ice album atm.
  • mijohnst
    Options
    For me, listening to music makes a huge difference. I created different tracks for the kind of run I'm going to do. Slow tracks for slower pace, etc.
  • lisbethschopenhauer
    Options
    Promoe - Long Distance Runner :)
  • Philllbis
    Philllbis Posts: 801 Member
    Options
    I change my running soundtrack quite a bit but I usually listen to uptempo indie rock. I have AC/DC's If You Want Blood on all my playlists though.
  • neurorat
    neurorat Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    I always run to music, as well. I listen to mostly hip hop, a little electronica and dance. I change running lists pretty frequently. My current favs are (for warm up) Representin' by Ludacris and Kelly Rowland, F**kin' Problem by A$AP Rocky, 8 mile by Eminem, and FML by Don Omar and Mims.

An all time favorite: RuPaul's Jealous of my Boogie.

Love hearing everyone's ultimate running song! It gives me things to check out in iTunes!
  • prillygirl
    prillygirl Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    I have an ipod playlist that I've called "Admit it, you like running" (because I don't) and it's basically everything in my library that's faster paced and may keep me going. I run 5ks every now and again so my trick is that at the 30 minute mark (I don't run very fast), I play "Blue Monday" by New Order because I find that it reinvigorates me in time for that last leg of things. Plus, every time I have a race, I create a playlist just for that race so I don't get used to the music in the order that I expect. I like a lot of synth and new wave music, personally.
  • pabscabs
    pabscabs Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    I always run to music, as well. I listen to mostly hip hop, a little electronica and dance. I change running lists pretty frequently. My current favs are (for warm up) Representin' by Ludacris and Kelly Rowland, F**kin' Problem by A$AP Rocky, 8 mile by Eminem, and FML by Don Omar and Mims.

An all time favorite: RuPaul's Jealous of my Boogie.

Love hearing everyone's ultimate running song! It gives me things to check out in iTunes!

Eminem "Lose yourself" is a great track for running. Try upping the tempo at each chorus. Weird how it works!!
  • bonjour24
    bonjour24 Posts: 1,119 Member
    Options
    i have a lot of the prodigy, chemical brothers, and fat boy slim on my mp3. i always have it on shuffle then i find that by some miracle, when i'm flagging, one of their tunes will come on. with the faster beat i run faster.
  • dfquigley
    Options
    I like to listen to either podcasts etc. on easy stuff, or for cadence ( or when I don't have any podcasts to listen to ) I will listen to podrunner, music that is geared to very specific bpm that you can adjust your cadence to match for better efficiency!!
  • RunTRE
    RunTRE Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I've been using PodRunner for a while. The casts are specific beeat per minute which helps keep tempo. The music downloads are free!