week 1

Options
catcody21
catcody21 Posts: 5 Member
I just did my first work out this morning. It was hard. I haven't worked out in a long time. I plan on doing the work outs Monday- Friday then just resting on the weekend. I'm super excited. I need lots of support.

Replies

• tpringle24
    tpringle24 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I was in so much pain after my first workout! my only advice is to turn your brain of to it LOL ... Im in week one as well !!
  • fatyoga
    fatyoga Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    I did day 1 of week 1 yesterday and could barely get through it. I won't be able to do day 2 until this afternoon because of working this morning. Hoping I can stay motivated enough to do it as soon as I get home. I'm planning on doing M-F as well and resting or walking on weekends.
  • ciru123
    ciru123 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I did Day 1 of Week 1 this morning, I had some sweat going on towards the 24th minute, so I would say its mildly challenging. I have been very lazy the past 2-3 months, so I needed something short (sorry P90X - been there, too long!) and fun, with different levels of challenges to keep things interesting.

I like Jillian, and her tough attitude, so I am trying to keep things honest in terms of having the right form (really good tips she gives) and doing reps to the end if I can.

So far, so good. I hope to lose some inches around my waist when this is all done.
  • jdlewis222
    jdlewis222 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I too started week 1 this morning. I am getting over being sick for the past week, so I found myself breathing a little harder than usual. Not sure if it was the workout or me just getting back into the swing of things. In any event I am glad to have this group to keep me motivated for the next 4 weeks 
  • jdlewis222
    Options
    Question - how have you logged the Rip workout on your exercise journal? Do you refer to it as circuit training?
  • fatyoga
    Options
    I log as circuit training. Day 2 of week 1 went more smoothly than day 1 did. It helped knowing I have this group expecting me to work out. It's easier to skip if you're the only one who knows when you exercise.
  • fatyoga
    Options
    day 3 done and I only had to drop to my knees on the last 2 push-ups!
  • catcody21
    catcody21 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I didn't do it today. I am definitely doing it tomorrow. I'm just so sore. I will just have to do it Saturday as well to start week 2 on Monday. I'm okay with that. I don't want to hurt myself
  • fatyoga
    Options
    Best not to push to the point of hurting yourself. Nothing wrong with a day off.
  • jdlewis222
    Options
    I completed day three this morning. I feel the burn, but still able to keep going with good form. However, I must say I am glad to know exercises are not repeated in future weeks because I hate running man :ohwell:
  • mschleg
    mschleg Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    hi everyone! I just started week 2 day 1 today. I thought the first week was bad. I felt really uncoordinated with this one. also had to use the modifications on half of them. I did a google search to give me an idea of the calories burned doing it and it ranged between 250-300 calories. This might be wrong but I've been logging in about 250 calories burned. After the first week I haven't lost any weight yet, but do feel a little more toned now
  • fatyoga
    Options
    I completed day three this morning. I feel the burn, but still able to keep going with good form. However, I must say I am glad to know exercises are not repeated in future weeks because I hate running man :ohwell:
    I hate running man too and can't wait to be rid of it! :smile:
  • fatyoga
    Options
    hi everyone! I just started week 2 day 1 today. I thought the first week was bad. I felt really uncoordinated with this one. also had to use the modifications on half of them. I did a google search to give me an idea of the calories burned doing it and it ranged between 250-300 calories. This might be wrong but I've been logging in about 250 calories burned. After the first week I haven't lost any weight yet, but do feel a little more toned now
    I log mine as circuit training and let MFP calculate the calories. I know I'm working hard but haven't tracked with a HRM.
  • fatyoga
    Options
    Made it through day 4. Did all the push-ups on my toes instead of my knees and made it through running man both times without stopping. Can't believe I've actually done this 4 days straight!:bigsmile:
  • fatyoga
    Options
    Day 5 in the books. Taking the weekend off with other cardio instead and will try week 2 starting Monday morning. Took a peek today and it certainly doesn't look any easier than week 1.
  • mschleg
    mschleg Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I've done 2 days of week 2 and I'm feelign it more in my upper back/shoulders and upper legs. The mountain climber is killer
  • ajones1227
    ajones1227 Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    I know I'm super late but I would like to join what's left of this challenge. I'll be starting day 1 tomorrow.
  • fatyoga
    Options
    I know I'm super late but I would like to join what's left of this challenge. I'll be starting day 1 tomorrow.
    Welcome and best of luck. Week 1 is tough but you can do it!!!
  • ajones1227
    ajones1227 Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    Welcome and best of luck. Week 1 is tough but you can do it!!!
    [Thank you]