Getting to know YOU!

Options
Hey all from the wonderful state of TEXAS! I hope you all had a fabulous weekend!! A little story on my self....
I have been a member of MFP for a total of almost 2 years! I have struggled with my weight since a medical procedure gone wrong in 2011! Before then I was a fit and firm 112! This past September I reached my goal of being 115. Sadly I injured my knee in October and just recently had surgey. So here I am, on the the journey of losing the weight, getting fit and most importantly stronger on the inside and out!! We all have our own stories! I would like to hear yours and get to know you all! I hope you all have a fabulous day! And feel free to add me!! I love to support my friends!!!

Replies

• Danny_Boy13
    Danny_Boy13 Posts: 2,094 Member
    Options
    I am just your typical athlete and have been most / all of my life. I have never had an issue with weight but I was the skinny guy growing up and into my mid 20's. At about the age of 26-27 I started to put on a little weight here and there but nothing noticeable. It has only been within the past few years that I have made some significant gains in that area. I guess my bod was just late in developing in that area or maybe it was the way I trained or maybe the two. So although I dont know how frustrating it is to lose the weight but I can relate in a way that I just could not get the body that I wanted.
  • piggydog
    piggydog Posts: 322
    Options
    horsesredo.jpg

I can't to much introduce myself and not show off my girls to! Lol

I'm Virginia... I'm a bit of a horse nut...they get better care then I do...lol I run barrels and show quiet a bit!
    I started my weight loss journey in October after a barrel race and I realized I had zero strength and balance because I had out on so much weight and was sitting and wasting away.... So I started working out and loosing what I had packed on...

The black mare is black ***** and the sorrel is dot... BB is in her early 20's and is my go to horse for anything.. Dot is 7 and I just got her a few months ago... She is still green and is one day going to be my replacement mare...

I try to ride 5/6 days a week... I use EquiTrack to keep ou workouts honest...riding is harder then it looks and I tend to get lazy and slack off sometimes lol
    I was going to the gym everyday and running and lifting weights but money got tight so now I try to walk/run three to four times a week out at the track... I lift weights and do some stuff at home but I really do so much better at the gym... Free weights at the gym intimidate me for whatever reason but I need to get over that and start using them!
  • MrHolyTemple
    MrHolyTemple Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    I am from Dallas, Texas and I currently reside in Cedar Hill, Texas.

I am 31 years old, Married w/three kids 21, 5 and 1.

I started my weight loss journey about 4 years ago after a major health scare that changed my way about eating and my nutrition level. I thought i was having a heart attack and/or stroke in 2008 and had to be rushed to the hospital. After undergoing numerous tests, it was concluded that I didn't have a heart or a stroke but i was weighing in at almost 450 pounds going on a downward spiral in my health. it wasn't until having to learn how to eat right and take care of my body with lack of funds did i start to appreciate the value of a support group and helping others who were going down the same path as me. after losing 100 pounds and keeping it off for over a year, I decided to get myself certified as a personal trainer and by the grace of God, Im trying to get a fitness organization started that will help those who are looking to get support in their fitness and nutrition levels.

I have been a member of MYP for almost a year now and I'm now trying to get into networking on here so I can speak with others who are into fitness and nutrition. I am also going competing in a body transformation contest with bodybuilding.com to take my personal fitness level to another level.