Welcome

Options
dValkyrie
dValkyrie Posts: 127 Member
Welcome to Learning to Belly Dance.

I love belly dancing. I love watching it, I love doing it, and anytime I hear music, I can't stop my hips from moving. If you're like me and just wanna dance, or you're curious and are wondering how to get started, I hope to make this a fun place to begin.

Belly dancing is a full body workout. There is no part of your body it does not affect. Be sure to warm up and stretch to avoid injuries.

This is my first forum on MFP and my first group so please forgive any website blunders until I figure out all the settings.

I hope you have fun learning to dance and to learning to own your body in a way you never thought possible.

Replies

• jen_bd6
    jen_bd6 Posts: 501 Member
    Options
    So excited ;) I can't wait to get home and try this out ;)
  • pili90
    pili90 Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    This is so great! I love belly dancing! Thanks for the videos!
  • Xhell_on_heelsX
    Options
    I belly danced for 3 years before I started college and had my daughter..I miss it sooo much and the amazing workout it gave me. I am so excited to have come across this group!! :smile:
  • CindyRip
    CindyRip Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    I have wanted to learn this for a long time, thank you for starting this group. I am so excited to get started on this new experience.
  • cdspark
    cdspark Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Good morning! I have always wanted to learn to do this, thank you for starting this. Can't wait to try it!
  • jazebnee
    Options
    always wANTED TO LEARN SO THANK YOU.
  • SlimmerJolea
    SlimmerJolea Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I want to learn to do this so much. I bought an instructional beginners video for the belly dancing and can't wait to get
    really good at it. Really glad to see this group.
  • muddywater55
    muddywater55 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Now that i have read the welcome I am a bit confused about what to do next? Are there videos that are shared or do i go get my ownn? I live 20 miles out of town so this would be wonderful. I think its such a beautiful way to dance. I cant wait.
  • dValkyrie
    dValkyrie Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    Now that i have read the welcome I am a bit confused about what to do next? Are there videos that are shared or do i go get my ownn? I live 20 miles out of town so this would be wonderful. I think its such a beautiful way to dance. I cant wait.

This is a brand new forum and we are only two days in. I plan to share a link to tutorial videos each day in a way that makes sense in building up your basic knowledge. I will work on a syllabus to guide you through later this evening. Start with warm ups and stretching, hip slides, then hip lifts and shimmies, then do a cool down with more stretching.
  • sazzet
    sazzet Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Hi, thanks for adding this group. I would love to learn to belly dance. Actually it's embarrassing to say, but I live in Egypt and should already know how to belly dance. LOL I have been looking for some fun exercises that have dance movements and I never thought of belly dancing. I am so happy you started the group.
  • sura987
    sura987 Posts: 30
    Options
    Thanks so much for adding me and starting this group. I was fortunate enough to take 6 introductory lessons with a local instructor who studied for years, taught, and danced professionally. I was so self-conscious at first, but I quickly looked forward to each lesson. Unfortunately the instructor moved out of state. I have been wanting to practice and keep up with what I learned. Thank you for coming into my life!!
  • JasmineOravec
    JasmineOravec Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    Hi Everyone!
    I fell in love with Bellydancing in 2012 and have been wanting to practice more. I'm excited to be in this new group since it's such an amazing way to express yourself through movement and keep your core in shape. I think being in a group will help me stay inspired.

Wishing everyone the best of luck with their fitness goals!
  • Olivia77777
    Olivia77777 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the welcome and creating this group! I love bellydance. How can you not love it? It's exercise and fun all mixed in one!
  • ellaloveslove
    ellaloveslove Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    I just wanted to say hello and that I'm excited about this group! I've always been interested in belly dancing but unfortunately I'm shy and pretty uncoordinated, especially when it comes to dancing! I have some videos at home that I am yet to start but I will definitely be getting on it in the next few days, I do yoga everyday so I'm trying to find a way to work it around that.