Foods I have intolerance to

Options
chivalryder
chivalryder Posts: 4,391 Member
I had a blood test done for food intolerance's because we are discovering it runs in my Mother's family. It came back with the following foods I should not eat (capitalized to show foods that are serious offenders)

ALMONDS, PEANUTS, SOY BEANS, Cows Milk, Whey, Yogurt, Scallops, Egg in all forms, Filbert, Gluten, Pecan, Spelt, and Whole Wheat.

Has anyone else had the test done? What foods came up on your list?

Replies

• pdworkman
    pdworkman Posts: 1,342 Member
    Options
    I haven't been tested, but I have issues with meat, grains, dairy, eggs, almonds, walnuts, dates, pineapple.
  • monicalosesweight
    monicalosesweight Posts: 1,173 Member
    Options
    Wheat, Rye, Corn, Peanuts, Oranges and a bunch of other stuff. The most severe is the wheat. I have to avoid it totally. I can eat meats with no issues and rice too and/or potatoes.

I take a zyrtec daily to help with any reactions to foods.

I'm severely allergic to the environment so there's nothing I can do there.

Luckily, no dairy allergies or pineapple which is good. I can eat most nuts.
  • ChrissyC1985
    ChrissyC1985 Posts: 406 Member
    Options
    my test came back with Gluten, Wheat, Egg (both parts separately) and Cows milk. Discovered i am also not good with Whey, allergic to Kiwi fruit too.
  • JaceyMarieS
    JaceyMarieS Posts: 692 Member
    Options
    Wheat, corn, soy, peanuts and shellfish
  • babynew
    babynew Posts: 613 Member
    Options
    Wheat, Soy and Sulfites
  • lkenn67
    lkenn67 Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    I had the test done a year ago. It has been a life saver. I've always known I had issues with food ( stomach aches, congestion, headaches, etc...) Went to an allergist who did the skin test on my back and was told " it was in my head". Tried to do the elimation diet, felt good on the restricted diet,but could not pin point my trigger foods. With the blood test I have found...

Wheat, dairy, yogurt culture, bakers yeast, salmon, peanuts, safflower oil, garlic, coffee, sesame gluten, rye, barley, malt

I am not always good about keeping them out of my diet, but at least now I know why I feel sick when I eat
  • pwicke
    pwicke Posts: 29
    Options
    Did you do the IgE or IGG test?

I have about 20 food allergies now. (I also have always had headaches and bad stomach issues) Some are def not anaphylaxsis.

Corn, peanuts (anaphylactic) and all legumes(peas, string beans, soy!), treenuts (almonds, walnuts, etc)
    sesame, garlic, buckwheat, malt, hops, you name it, it goes on and on! I have sugar malabsorbtion and lactose intolerance.

I am also trying to cut back on carbs. But clearly when you can't eat much its hard to lose weight. I do see a nutritionist. I also have a thyroid condition.

I am one of those people that always eats around 1200-13oo calories but doesn't lose. Didn't start to lose until the thyroid meds kicked in.

Its really really hard for people to understand what its like to live this way and be so restricted. Its so boring to eat chicken and rice every freaking day. So I don't, and them I get sick.
  • Crackers777
    Crackers777 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Hello I'm Sarah

I've been allergic to all animal products since I was a baby. I recently found out I have gluten issues. Feel free to friend me, I'm new to MFP and looking for friends.
  • pdworkman
    Options
    I am grain-free and vegan.
    Hello I'm Sarah

I've been allergic to all animal products since I was a baby. I recently found out I have gluten issues. Feel free to friend me, I'm new to MFP and looking for friends.
  • newstart257
    newstart257 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I had an IGG done and I tested positive to pretty much EVERYTHING.

Eggs
    Dairy
    Soy
    Wheat
    Barley
    Oats
    Onions
    Garlic
    Tuna
    Salmon
    Nuts
    Most vegetables
    Most Fruits

Basically I'm allowed: Plums, Beef, Pork, Cod, Olives, Beetroot.

However, I ate a plum (after many years of avoidance because I was sure I was sensitive to that fruit) and had an allergic reaction which caused my entire body and face to be covered in eczema. For 5 consecutive days now.

Apparently I have a condition called leaky gut syndrome and it is multiplied my allergy count over the past few months. Its ridiculous, how am I supposed to live normally like this...?!
  • pdworkman
    Options
    Did they break them down by red, yellow, green? Have they talked to you about a rotation diet?

I had an IGG done and I tested positive to pretty much EVERYTHING.

Eggs
    Dairy
    Soy
    Wheat
    Barley
    Oats
    Onions
    Garlic
    Tuna
    Salmon
    Nuts
    Most vegetables
    Most Fruits

Basically I'm allowed: Plums, Beef, Pork, Cod, Olives, Beetroot.

However, I ate a plum (after many years of avoidance because I was sure I was sensitive to that fruit) and had an allergic reaction which caused my entire body and face to be covered in eczema. For 5 consecutive days now.

Apparently I have a condition called leaky gut syndrome and it is multiplied my allergy count over the past few months. Its ridiculous, how am I supposed to live normally like this...?!
  • SDleia
    SDleia Posts: 6
    Options
    Hang in there! I also have leaky-gut syndrome and am starting a rotation diet today. We'll see how this goes...
  • iluvwdw
    iluvwdw Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    How did your doctor determine that you have leaky gut? I am wondering if this is my problem as I seem to react to a lot of foods.

Also what is the difference between an IGG bloodtest an an Ige bloodtest? I was seeing a naturopath and had to quit it as I have no insurance benefits.

I am in Canada and I don't think there is a test for leaky gut but am suspecting there is a problem here, I am very restricted in my eating and whenever I falter, I have hives that last for days or weeks. I have been wholly covered in hives and have had angiodema, except for a few glorious weeks when I was almost hive free.

How did you all get your bloodtest done and what are the differences?

Thank you.