Curves Success Stories!!!

Options
lcharity79
lcharity79 Posts: 94 Member
Greetings all! I think it would be nice to have a spot for people to share their Curves success stories! I'm a relatively new Curves member...just joined November 30th, 2011...but between Curves and MFP I have already lost 14 pounds total and over 30 inches. I need to lose over 100 pounds, so the weight will come off quicker in the beginning I know...but it's really nice to see that doing the work and being accountable for my calories using MFP is paying off.

I'm looking very forward to sharing the journey with all of you, and hearing about how Curves and exercise in general has made your life better!

Replies

• LJCannon
    LJCannon Posts: 3,636 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: I am a Curves Success Story!! I started there without ANY Hope of losing weight. My Goal was just to use the machines for "Physical Therapy" hoping to relieve the pain in my knees. When I got on the scale after the first month I had lost 16 pounds!! The Trainer and I were both crying, LOL!!
    I have been at my Goal Weight--AND Working part time at Curves!!--for a little over a year now.
  • KetoMomRN
    KetoMomRN Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    I started at Curves in April 09 and lost approximately 50lbs and 50in when I found out I was pregnant in November. That put me on a hold temporarily and I started back up in September 2010 postpartum. I had almost broke even after baby and have lost a total of 81lbs and 77inches from when I originally started. I LOVE Curves!
  • LJCannon
    Options
    :flowerforyou: Congratulations, Missy!! That is AWESOME!!
  • lcharity79
    Options
    Wow! You ladies inspire me! How exciting! My Curves started a weight loss challenge on January 2nd. On the week 1 weigh in last Monday, I had lost 5.5 pounds. This morning when I weighed in I had lost an additional 4.5 pounds, bringing it up to 10 pounds!!! I'm eating well using MFP, and I'm working out at least 5 days a week. It's awesome to know that this is going to work! Now that I got my "want to" fixed, and found the proper tools to be a success...I'm completely excited!
  • lcharity79
    Options
    I started at Curves in April 09 and lost approximately 50lbs and 50in when I found out I was pregnant in November. That put me on a hold temporarily and I started back up in September 2010 postpartum. I had almost broke even after baby and have lost a total of 81lbs and 77inches from when I originally started. I LOVE Curves!

I hope that I'm so fortunate! My husband and I are hoping to conceive...but have had some difficulty. Although my weight may not be the only cause (apparently I don't ovulate regularly), I'm hoping that getting healthy overall will assist my body in doing the things it should do naturally, without more medical intervention. Plus, I just want to be healthy for my future babies! God is Great...I know this will come to pass!
  • LJCannon
    Options
    It looks like we will soon have another "Biggest Loser" in our little Group of Divas!! Congratulations on your progress so far!! How long does the contest run? I won the Biggest Loser Contest at Curves 2 times in a row, and then she hired me so now I am not allowed to enter any more. Which is actually OK since I am at my Goal Weight anyhow.
  • lcharity79
    Options
    The competition runs from now through May. The winner gets 3 months of membership for free. I'm really not all that concerned about that, I just want to find that healthy person hiding within. I actually have a different weight loss challenge sponsored by a local hospital that I will be starting this coming weekend as well. 2012 is my year to change my physical health for the better! And it is so awesome that there are so many great venues to use to assist with the process!
  • noogie98
    noogie98 Posts: 423 Member
    Options
    I was a Curves member in 2006 until I hurt my knee at work; had two surgeries to repair the damage with no success. Ended up having to have knee replacement surgery in late 2010. Started back at Curves in June 2011 and since then I have lost 45 lbs and 3 pants sizes. I have been there every day that they are open since re-joining and I absolutely ♥ it.

I no longer use a cane to walk and although I cannot run like I used to, I can walk at a brisk pace & actually have people say they cannot keep up with me. The best news, however, came from my orthopedic surgeon, who told me whatever I was doing was working; my last visit to him he informed me that we would not have to do a second knee replacement for the other knee, which was somewhat damaged from over compensating for my bad knee. It has since strengthened and the damage has been repaired. Anyone who says Curves doesn't work hasn't really tried it. I have a t-shirt that says it all:

Curves... not for sissies!
  • LJCannon
    Options
    :flowerforyou: Congratulations!! You really have done an amazing Job!! And, you are the 2nd person in a week who I have heard of who was able to CANCEL their scheduled knee surgery, due partly to Curves!!
  • fara180
    fara180 Posts: 1,260 Member
    Options
    I thought I'd revive this thread because I'm getting a little discouraged at my Curves. The "biggest loser," at our Curves center lost 60 lbs in a span of 2 years...and I was hoping for much larger results in a smaller time frame....I'm talking 100 pounds in a year or so.

Anyone have any before/after pictures or tips for me to reach that goal?
  • LJCannon
    Options
    :heart: I lost 112 pounds between May when I joined Curves and December the same year. I lost all the weight in a total of 18 months, going to Curves and Walking. It is all about what You put in to it. The Curves Complete plan might make it even more "do-able" than when I did it. I did CurvesSmart, but Not Curves Complete.
  • fara180
    Options
    :heart: I lost 112 pounds between May when I joined Curves and December the same year. I lost all the weight in a total of 18 months, going to Curves and Walking. It is all about what You put in to it. The Curves Complete plan might make it even more "do-able" than when I did it. I did CurvesSmart, but Not Curves Complete.

You lost 112 pounds in 8 months? WOW, great job! I guess my next question would be: how often did you go? I just feel like going 3/4 times a week isn't going to get me results fast enough. Is it okay to go twice a day for 3/4 days or would I be better off going 6 days a week straight? Also, how restrictive was your diet? How much walking did you do? (I can barely walk 1.5 miles around my neighborhood without killing over)!

Ashley
  • abbygrit
    Options
    I started Curves Complete on January 7th and I've lost 5.1 pounds... not a bad start for my first 3 weeks. :-)
  • LJCannon
    Options
    I went Once a Day, 6 Days a week, and I walked EVERY Day. If you can only do 10 minutes Walk, that is Fine. Just work on doing 15 minutes within a month, and increasing SLOWLY. I did not EVER work out or walk so much that I felt that I was "Suffering" either during or after the workout/walk. We still went out to eat frequently - we Still Do! - but I was strict about No Pop, No White Food (except Milk) and Portion Sizes.
    hen I had the Munchies or wanted Extra Snacks I made sure that I had Fresh Veggies on hand. You can eat a ton of Carrots, Bell Peppers, Beans, and Celery without too many calories. It also helped to try to eat as many Colors as possible every day.

:ohwell: I honestly had not thought about it happening so Fast until I read what you wrote --"112 Pounds in 8 Months" (from May to December sounds much Longer than 8 Months, I guess, LOL!!) and I went back to check my File from Curves (Thank Goodness I brought it home when they closed down!!). I never would have thought that I could accomplish that!!
  • fara180
    Options
    That's so amazing abbygrit and LJCannon! This is really inspirational to me, now I'm even more excited to kickstart this new chapter in my life!
  • nhughes1864
    nhughes1864 Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    I started in 2011 and have lost 40 pounds and I don't even know how many inches but I went from a 22/24 to now a 16/18 pant size! I still have about 100 pounds to go total but only 30 to my mini goal of 194 :)
  • LJCannon
    Options
    :flowerforyou: Congratulations, NHughes!!! You really are doing FABULOUS!!!
  • Curvegirless60
    Options
    You all inspire me! :flowerforyou:
    I just returned to curves this week. I only went 4 times in Dec and 6 times in Jan. I am determined to go to curves 3 times a week and walk the rest with a total of 6 days of movement :smile: My curves is bringing in curves complete and I can't wait to join.

I :heart: curves
  • LJCannon
    Options
    :drinker: Treat it like a Job. If you make it an "Appointment" you will go. Your "Paycheck" is Better Health and Improved Mobility.
  • Curvegirless60
    Options
    :smile: Thanks LJ -Great way of thinking! My better health "paychieck" is going to be a great one this month.