Need help and support

Options
Hi

My name is Nicole and I am 25 years old. I was diagnosed with pcos at 16 and have been on different pills all my life. I am ready to have a baby and need to lose some weight. I am pretty good with food at the moment but I am struggling with sticking to healthy foods when I'm in a lot of pain which is a lot of the time. Does anyone have any tips or suggestions?

Replies

• mistresseeyore
    mistresseeyore Posts: 717 Member
    Options
    I find that if you do snack size of anything, it helps. I have the best results when I stick to 45 carbs each for meals, and 15 carbs each for 3 snacks during the day. It does get easier.
  • chelle3283
    chelle3283 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    when i want a snack, i snack on weight watchers string cheese. they low in calorie and low carb and they have a couple different flavors. Also i have sesame crackers. for a serving ( 3 crackers) its not too bad. i eat them with laughing cow cheese. those are just a couple suggestions.
  • michellevt725
    michellevt725 Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    Can you try to snack on high protein snacks? So, cheese, nuts (I like almonds, they are kind of sweet to me), hard boiled eggs, beef jerky or some sort of other meat.
  • lmcrowe82
    lmcrowe82 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I make sure that I keep things I like in small serving sizes. I personally measure and weight just about everything I eat.. It's a pain (and a lot of dishes) but it keeps me on track.
  • EWhitaker526
    EWhitaker526 Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    I agree that I still have to eat some of the foods I love even if they aren't really healthy. I try to keep it within my calorie range tho so somedays I can't eat as much if I have my treat. Also earning extra calories thru exercise helps me keep on track and not feel to food deprived. I usually have 1 cheat meal a week and so far I've lost 1-2 pounds per week so I'm happy! Also a sidenote I'm down 18 pounds in about 2 months and just started my first period in over a year and a half that wasn't medication induced so losing weight must be helping!!!! Good luck! You can do it!!!
  • fairie_marie
    Options
    I would suggest making sure your thryoid is in check. Also maybe talking to your doctor about getting on metformin. I was having a very hard time loosing weight and my OB upped my met and the pounds are finally falling off.
  • crystaldavis20
    Options
    hello, i'm new to this and well i have pcos and it was so damaging to hear that because myself and husband would love kids of our own but as you know with pcos it can be very stressful. my doctor told me that i should first try and lose weight along with the meds im taking but i dont know where to start or how to start. a diet for a person with pcos what would it be?