Join me

Options
I'm new to MFP, so I don't know anyone to invite to the group. I'm sure your out there though:flowerforyou:

Replies

• ximills
    ximills Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I'm one! homeschooling a 5 year old.
  • D_e_a_n_n_e
    Options
    I have a 5 year old too! We're having a blast. I love being a part of his education and watching him grow.
  • shabbychick81
    shabbychick81 Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    hi! i am Crystal. i homeschool y 8 year old daughter and my 2 year old daughter. we use rod and staff for our curriculum. i am on the paleo diet, and i love it.
  • D_e_a_n_n_e
    Options
    Hi Crystal. Sounds like you have some homeschool know how. I'm getting it figured out as we go. We use My Father's World and I'm absolutely loving it. Our local CAPE Homeschool Convention is in April. This will be our third year in attendance. The first year my son can go with us. I'm looking forward to getting him involved in the decisions we make for our homeschool. This is the first time that I've ever REALLY dieted. I've tried the cheaters way, pills, weight loss drinks, and who knows what else. No results were ever achieved. In part because I could never stick with any of those so called diets. With MFP I'm learning how to eat in allowance. And I'm learning that if I want to eat more, I've got to move more. Great motivators.
  • ximills
    ximills Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    We are a vegan family. For school we have been using various workbook and textbooks, but are starting Connections Academy in a couple weeks.
  • shabbychick81
    shabbychick81 Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    nice to meet you all! so thankful for a group that has the same goals, to be healthy and to school our children. what is your reason/reasons for homeschooling?
  • D_e_a_n_n_e
    Options
    Faith. Something my son definitely wouldn't learn in public school. Or at least NOT what I want him to learn. Because my local public schools are not very good, charter schools have popped up everywhere. I've been blessed with the opportunity to be at home with him, so I thought I'd make the most of it. So far we've done PreK and now K. We're loving it. We went to our local Aquarium today to learn about the ocean and its creatures. Had breakfast with sharks and even got to see them at feeding time. I love learning with my son. It's like I get a second chance school too!
  • treehouse75
    treehouse75 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi all! I'm a homeschooling mom to a first grader and a three year old. We lean toward a Classical Education model here, and homeschool for a myriad of reasons.

I'm currently recuperating from a stomach bug (soooo not fun) but once I can keep more than diluted juice and crackers down, I'll be back on the primal eating bandwagon.