Work Out Videos - How to Track?

Options
I want to do a couple of my work out DVD's today, but I have NO idea how to calculate the calories burned....can anyone be of assistance..

Replies

• nursenikki829
    nursenikki829 Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    The most accurate way to track is a heart rate monitor.
  • meoneto
    meoneto Posts: 16
    Options
    okay...so that leads to my next question....where do I get one. I have never used one before.
  • nursenikki829
    nursenikki829 Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    Polar HRM are the best... I got mine on amazon for a great price. I have the Polar FT4 in pink!
  • meoneto
    Options
    Thanks!!!
  • RBXChas
    RBXChas Posts: 2,708 Member
    Options
    I got the Polar FT4 as well from Amazon - got it in peach (almost looks light pink) - I love it, and a lot of the Spinning instructors I know have the same one :)

In the meantime, I'd just try to do your best to estimate how many minutes of whatever activity it was and then enter using MFP estimates.
  • laurab1217
    laurab1217 Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    Another way to track is to go online and use a calculator based on your height, weight, and the intensity of the workout. You may actually find the specific videos you're going to do if you search the name of the video and "calculate calories burned." Heart rate monitors are great, but I have heard that sometimes they overestimate calories burned.
  • meoneto
    Options
    thanks Ladies!!! I want to be most accurate with what i enter...so while i wait for my heart rate monitor to get here I will try come of your other suggestions!!! :)