Welcome & Intros!

Options
AZTrailRunner
AZTrailRunner Posts: 1,199 Member
Howdy fellow pops!

I wanted to create a place for you to brag about your kids (sons and daughters), ask questions, give advice, and share pics and stories. This group is open to single and married papas alike.

I'm calling this Group "Dangerous Dads At Work" to describe the dangerous tasks us fathers have ahead of us - teaching our kids to ride bikes, shoot a gun, bait a hook, swing a hammer, and so on.

So feel free to share, and let's just have fun.

My name is J.R.. I'm a single dad of a one-year old boy (Logan). Lots of pics to come.

loganbday1.jpg

Replies

• crisanderson27
    crisanderson27 Posts: 5,343 Member
    Options
    Cris here, single Dad to a 13yr old daughter, 6yr old son, and 4yr old son. I have custody of them all.

Also, I want to say this is an awesome idea. Sometimes things come up that only other Dads get...lol.

Here's a picture of me teaching my daughter and oldest son the names of all the engine parts on a 67 Mustang lol:

PitCrew.jpg

And, my youngest son, mixing it up while helping to bake a cake:

BakingBaby1.jpg
  • dreilingda
    dreilingda Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    So...not technically a dad yet, but my wife is due in May!! We're having a little girl and I'm super pumped. Mind if I join?
  • AZTrailRunner
    AZTrailRunner Posts: 1,199 Member
    Options
    absolutely! welcome aboard. :smile:
  • dreilingda
    dreilingda Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    Awesome. So, I don't know the first thing about raising kiddos or what to expect. Any tips?
  • thor1god1of1awesome
    Options
    Hi my name is Andy, dad of three great kids. I live in michigan and is the biggest nerd you will ever meet
  • ebramlett
    ebramlett Posts: 306 Member
    Options
    Eric here, dad of two great little boys, Jake 6yrs old, and Ford 4 yrs old. Being Daddy in my opinion is the greatest gift I have ever recieved, dont even remember life before my boys.

Just took Jake hunting Sunday for his first time and he gets his first deer!! I held the 30-06 for him and he pulled the trigger, although if you ask him he did all the work!! LOL
  • jleedub
    Options
    Hey My name is Jeremy, I am married, and a dad of a 2 year old little girl, Payton! I am really excited to get this thing started, I just started using this to help me loose weight. Glad to see other dads on this thing. will add pics later...
  • bcraig26
    bcraig26 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Hey Guys,

I joined MFP about 10 days ago.

I taught middle school for 7 years, then this year decided to stay at home with our kids after we had our third.

Now that I'm home all the time, I was getting into some potentially bad food grazing habits. Just joined to keep an eye on what I'm eating.

This is the first group I've joined. I haven't added friends or anything like that yet (I'm not really sure how it all works). So I guess I'll just post this and see what happens.
  • ken1994
    ken1994 Posts: 495 Member
    Options
    Hello Fellow Fathers!

My name is Ken and I live in Ohio, I am the father to 2 awesome little kids Alex age 2 and Danica age 4. They are the reason I am trying to get healthy and fit. My dad died when he was 62 and I never really got to know him so I want to be here a long time for them. Good luck to all and their reasons for being here!

Ken
  • ken1994
    Options
    Hey Guys,

I joined MFP about 10 days ago.

I taught middle school for 7 years, then this year decided to stay at home with our kids after we had our third.

Now that I'm home all the time, I was getting into some potentially bad food grazing habits. Just joined to keep an eye on what I'm eating.

This is the first group I've joined. I haven't added friends or anything like that yet (I'm not really sure how it all works). So I guess I'll just post this and see what happens.

Welcome aboard, this is a great site with some good people, feel free to add me as a friend if you would like!

Ken
  • PetersonMatthew
    Options
    Hello all you dads, My name is Daniel and I joined a few days ago. I have a son Maximus who is a tad over 13 months. He was born here in Italy due to my wife being in the military. So with us being overseas and the laws here for spouses working is really bad so i get to be a stay at home dad. Its very new for me not working and all but would not trade the time i get watching my son grow. Not sure how to post pics of him but will do when i find out. Please feel free to add me
  • gbloom182
    gbloom182 Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    Hey Guys - My name is Geoff, I'm from the Boston area and I'm a full time graphic designer, husband, and a father to a 13 month old baby girl named Annabelle. Fitting in time to exercise and keep track of my diet can be hard So I've been trying out these myfitnesspal groups. I've been going to a nutritionist, so far 42lbs down and working toward more. Nice to meet you all.

Best,
    Geoff
  • MichaelWWoods
    MichaelWWoods Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Hello,

My name is Mike and I am fmarried from Los Angeles. I am a father of a 3 year old, and I consider myself an Ex-Jock as any athletic ability has left me as I am completely out of shape and over-weight. Trying everything possible to ditch the weight.

Digging a Dad's health group. thanks for setting up.
  • ken1994
    Options
    Hello,

My name is Mike and I am fmarried from Los Angeles. I am a father of a 3 year old, and I consider myself an Ex-Jock as any athletic ability has left me as I am completely out of shape and over-weight. Trying everything possible to ditch the weight.

Digging a Dad's health group. thanks for setting up.

Hey Mike welcome aboard! In the same boat, played football in college and never stopped eating, lol. Kids really opened my eyes that I needed to make a change, feel free to add me for support.

Ken
  • DerekG79
    DerekG79 Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    Hey guys! This group is a great idea. I'm a dad that needs to get off a lot of weight and get in shape to be there for my kids. Looking forward to the support. I am 32 years old and life in Missouri. Feel free to add me!
  • Monstertrel
    Monstertrel Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Sup fella's. Montrel Sr. here. Father of 2 wonderful boys. Montrel jr is 11yrs old and loves basketball. Chase is 4 yrs old and loves baseball. Just got him into Tball and he's excited! Want to encourage my brothers and their care for their kids. A father's job is so important, don't take it lightly.... stay encouraged!
  • ElPincheGordo
    Options
    Plump dad here, of one 9 year-old. Looking for some males to support and receive support from. :drinker:
  • MichaelWWoods
    MichaelWWoods Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I am the Father of one active 4-year old toddler, and am balancing beind a dad who does over 20 hours/week of primary care plus a full time job and pursuing an MBA degree via an executive program from a top program.

I welcome any and all MFP "Super Dad" invites from those who want to build their MFP friends. I enjoy fellow MFPers who actively log food, are into or trying to get into running 5ks and such.