Week 1 Progress

Options
Hey guys,

I wanted to start a new thread to check on everyone's progress for this week. You are welcome to post workouts you are doing, diet plan, how you're feeling, etc. We are here to support each other, so please share your thoughts :)

So far for me, I'm doing good. Did my strength training yesterday, so I plan on doing some cardio. I burned over a 1000 calories yesterday so hopefully i can match it or better!

Replies

• san0322
    san0322 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Hey guys,

I wanted to start a new thread to check on everyone's progress for this week. You are welcome to post workouts you are doing, diet plan, how you're feeling, etc. We are here to support each other, so please share your thoughts :)

So far for me, I'm doing good. Did my strength training yesterday, so I plan on doing some cardio. I burned over a 1000 calories yesterday so hopefully i can match it or better!

You're doing a great job! How are you keeping track of your calories? Do you wear a heart rate monitor? What are some of your favorite workouts?
  • sweetmonique10
    sweetmonique10 Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    [/quote]

You're doing a great job! How are you keeping track of your calories? Do you wear a heart rate monitor? What are some of your favorite workouts?
    [/quote]

Thanks! I use the myfitness pal app on here to track my calories by inputing what I eat throughout the day...I plan on buying a heart rate monitor so for now I'm using the MFP estimate...I love doing circuit training, but i mix it up with dancing. My favorite workout videos are insanity, chalean extreme, turbo fire, tapoutxt, jillian ripped in 30...I mix those up.
  • Rebekah718
    Rebekah718 Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    Today was a struggle I rewarded myself with food and then beat myself up late for doing it. I have everything packed and in place for tomorrow though its a new day.
  • sweetmonique10
    Options
    Today was a struggle I rewarded myself with food and then beat myself up late for doing it. I have everything packed and in place for tomorrow though its a new day.

It happens to the best of us, no worries. I'm sure you will redeem yourself tomorrow ;) Good luck!
  • cynpin34
    cynpin34 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Well I haven't worked out since Sunday, it just wasn't in the cards for me either day...and tomorrow I'll be travelling allll day. I guess I'll so some airport laps during one of my layovers. Eating has been good though!

I have been alternating workout videos and running. After the workout video I have been walking on the treadmill for about 30 minutes at an incline...running is usually not an option since I do a lot of lunges and such with the videos.
  • sherrirb
    sherrirb Posts: 1,714 Member
    Options
    My husband and I have restarted C25K (Couch to 5k) and I'm really excited. We started at Week 2 Day 2 because we knew that Week 1 day 1 would be too easy.

Even though I've been battling first a chest cold and now bronchitis, I've still been able to do the runs, just slowed it down to a more manageable pace so I dont aggrevate the illness.

I'm excited to be doing it again. Last year when we did it we both lost a lot of weight and I could feel it improving my stamina and endurance too!

Aside from that, I like to walk. However, Wisconsin winters don't accomodate much outside walking and I live in the country so there arent any sidewalks. So, I've been using Leslie Sansone's Walk Away the Pounds videos. Before I started using these videos, I thought it was sort of stupid to think you could "walk" in place and lose weight. Well, these are GREAT workouts! I also do some Turbo Jam videos. Still on Learn & Burn til I get the hang of the moves, and I did Turbo Sculpt once over the weekend. I love these videos and I'm so glad I have them!!
    CANT wait for Spring so I can be outside more!!!!!
  • brit_ks_89
    brit_ks_89 Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    i did pretty well so far :] my right ankle was hurting so i stayed off of it today- i did arms and abs .. boy did i feel it ! eating well too !
  • elle_321
    elle_321 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    I was also restricted with exercise this week, with bad foot and ongoing cough that I can't seem to get rid of, so concentrated on staying in my calories. Had a few bad decisions but still in the calorie allowance. I still seemed to have dropped another 1lb so better than gaining! If I lose 1lb every week for 1 year that is 52 lbs lost. I can do that!!!
  • livelifenow91
    livelifenow91 Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    I never thought of it that way!!! what a great idea. 52 pounds a year if you lose 1 pound a week. :) i always get discouraged with only 1 pound, but i think this will help
  • sweetmonique10
    Options
    All of you guys are doing great, even if you are limited to what you can do, you can do the minimum of what you can. Just keep moving and eat healthy....can't wait for the weigh-in Sunday :)
  • demartin74
    demartin74 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Limted on time and energy this week. I think it's just the January blues.... I was happy to find out that my pizza and whiskey last night didn't show up on the scale this morning. I guess I was making good choices during the day yesterday. My fitness video arrived today, so I'll try that tonight and am thinking about pulling out my pedometer again... should be using that to kick my butt in gear to get out of my desk chair. Whoops... oh well - looking forward to weighing in on Sunday to see this weeks results and start week 2. I'm also using Advocare, so that's been helping. I freaking love the meal replacement shakes for the morning, as I am not really a prepare food in the morning kind of girl.
  • aubsangels
    aubsangels Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I feel good and have been dedicated this week. I have already lost and even though it is a little bit my kids and hubby noticed it. I have been working out 4-5 times a week. It has been light due to some aches and pains but it is consistent. My diet has been around 1300 calories and it seems to be working. I have seen a decrease in my appetite too...so, I'm liking that. It is funny, when you are held accountable for calorie,s you don't want to use them so quickly. It really makes you think twice before eating something!!

Keep up the great work everyone.