New

Options
EvetteM41
EvetteM41 Posts: 76 Member
:flowerforyou:
Just wanted to say hi. I joined Buddy up and went today. Looks like it will be a great program.
Can't wait to get started.:heart:

Replies

• lokalski
    Options
    I was there also. Pretty excited to get started :)
  • Mark48185
    Options
    My wife and I joined the Westland Buddy Up program today also. Looking forward to getting serious with my health. Excited to get started too. Good luck to all! :)
  • Nyland7
    Options
    My husband and I along with five of our neighbors joined the Westland Buddy Up program today in order to lose weight. We found that Allen "Buddy" Shuh's talk on his weight loss journey to be quite inspirational and motivational. However, we were very disappointed when we were not given any kind handouts regarding dieting, weight loss, menu planning, recipes, etc. in the binders furnished by St. Mary's Hospital. So now we will have to go the whole first week of the program without this nutrition and diet info. We were all told to exercise for three hours this week which is good but we feel that we also needed the nutritional and diet information as soon as possible. We were told to register on this site, myfitnesspal.com, however, we have been unable to find any of the menu planning information that I had hoped for. We are especially concerned for those people who signed up for the Buddy Up program who do not have computers. Then we noticed that we were referred to a site called trimdownclub.com where we were asked to pay $47.00 to get information on diet and weight loss from this site. Well, our understanding from the newspaper article in the Observer and Eccentric was that the program would be "FREE" and there was no mention made of having to pay $47.00. I also don't understand why we have to meet with a group of six to eight people before the next class when we don't have any nutritional handouts to talk about. We will try to come back to the class next week and hopefully we will be given some helpful information. But all in all, it is not well organized at this point.
  • EvetteM41
    EvetteM41 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    Hi :) Nice to meet you all.
    @Nyland, I didn't see anything about trimdownclub.com or paying for anything. My understanding is that this is free. I would be careful because maybe you clicked on an ad that has nothing to with Buddy Up? Although I could be wrong. I was hoping to get the nutrition stuff too. But I think that is going to be handed out next time. As far as buddying up with people I think that is to get to know people to exercise with and to have support through out the program. I have a couple people I might get together with to maybe take a class or something. I don't think this is terribly organized myself either. I was asking about the Tshirts and they will be for sale the next week or 2. But it was nice to meet Buddy and talk to him. I am sure next week will be better. :)
    Evette.
  • lokalski
    Options
    I agree, I believe next week will be better organized. They had 400-500 people there and this was the first time they ever did this. I thought it was fine. I guess they should have started handing a few things out about nutrition and dieting, but they will start handing out more info next week. This program is free. I never got an ad talking about paying $47.00. Trimdownclub.com is a whole different thing than what we are doing. Be careful with that. There are several scams out there on the internet. Hope everything goes well this week for you, and you make it back next Saturday :)