Half Marathoner Racers

Options
2»

Replies

• HermioneDanger118
    HermioneDanger118 Posts: 345 Member
    Options
    So far I've done 5Ks, but I have a 10K in April and I'm toying with the idea of the Baltimore half in October :)
  • fasterandbetter
    fasterandbetter Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    I did 2 half marathons my PR is 1:41:08, training for a full marathon in mid March.
  • Saree1902
    Saree1902 Posts: 611 Member
    Options
    Interesting thread. I love halfs. I have only done one full marathon and it is so long. Might never do another.

I feel like this too! I did 5 half marathons, then made the leap to the full 26.2 last year, which was brutal! Someone asked if I was doing another one this year and the thought of all that training made me want to hide under the bed!!

This year, I want to improve my half marathon time and lose weight. Signed up for 2 races so far and might add a couple of 10ks to help with speed.
  • Deedsie
    Deedsie Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    I'm doing my 2nd half in April and then planning to do the Chicago in October as my full. I'll see how I feel after that. :smile:
    My pace is 10-11 minutes per mile on the half though I'm hoping to drop it to 9:30-10:30 for April.

I run outside on Sundays no matter the weather with a running group but my week day runs I have been doing this winter on the dreadmill. I think that it is a lot harder on me than outside. Any suggestions? I'm contemplating just running outside during my lunch break but I also work in a fairly busy area and don't want to get hit by a car plus, showering mid-day is not ideal.

I don't like going out by myself in the dark of the morning or evening. Plus, I have a small child that I have to complete the morning routine and drop off for 4 days a week and pick-up and do the evening run around 2 days a week (one day I do drop off and pick up so that day I have to run over lunch if I run at all.) Suggestions?
  • schmenge55
    schmenge55 Posts: 745 Member
    Options
    Chicago is a great first marathon! I'd do outside anyway possible over the dreadmill if you can. There is an article in the most recent issue of Runner'sWorld on treadmill running you might find interesting.
  • lizdavis07
    lizdavis07 Posts: 766 Member
    Options
    I just completed my very first Half Marathon 3 days ago through the Disney Parks! It was awesome and felt great to finish.
  • MomLinds
    Options
    I have completed 4 half marathons thus far...Newport, RI....First Watch Sarasota, FL....Lake George, NY...and Rock N Roll Savannah...3 of these I did in 2012. I am currently registered to run the Lexington KY Run the Bluegrass; Covered Bridge Half in Vermont and the Rock N Roll Philadelphia during 2013. Looking to add one more at least.

I love training for and running half marathons. I am currently on a mission to run one in all 50 states with my awesome daughter...Definitely have a ways to go to meet this goal, but I am going to give it my best shot.

If any of you live in Upstate New York...near Saratoga Springs...I am looking for a running partner.
  • MomLinds
    Options
    Best of luck to you!
  • M_lifts
    M_lifts Posts: 2,224 Member
    Options
    Ive got my first half coming up in March
  • michellemybelll
    michellemybelll Posts: 2,228 Member
    Options
    I've completed 2 halves thus far - my second was just last Sunday and I PR'ed! (1:51:06) it felt great - and I've run out on my own 18 milers and felt pretty good, so my plan is to go for my first full this year. Although all this I'm reading about developing stress fractures and injuries while training and being out of commission for quite some time makes me a little hesitant. I love running so much, i'd be so upset if I injured myself badly enough to take me off the roads for a few weeks or even months... hmm some thinking to do..
  • hollietkac
    hollietkac Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I have my next half next weekend. I didn't train as diligently so I expect a slower time. Then I have a 3rd half planned in May and I'm planning to follow Hal Higdon's Intermediate plan before that one. Then I'll probably take a break until October or maybe even 2014.